Dojo management software

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Oldfist

Dojo management software

Post by Oldfist »

After many years using a log book and hand written records, my teacher's MA school is considering computerizing all their operations. I know that various companies are selling dojo management software at about $600 a pop.

Are any of these worth the money and if so can you please list some good examples ?

Or is it just as well to use various Microsoft products and if so can you please describe what you feel is a good way to go?

At our school, in addition to regularly scheduled group classes, everyone has at least one private class per week and these are scheduled using all available hours of the day and evening. So, the feeling is that the most important feature is to have an easy to use electronic calendar type log book which automatically updates the appropriate student record for billing, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help !

Best,
John
martialkicker

Dojo management software

Post by martialkicker »

When i opened my first school I was manual in everything i did, as that was about 8 years ago and systems and websites were not really the big thing. As time went by i started to realize that systemizing was more and more important. I started evaluating software programs and let me tell you there are sooo many of them. How do you know which one to go with? It's tempting to just go with the cheapest one but i've always been told that quality doesnt come cheap. I checked out martialsoft, kicksoft, dojopro 3000, mas and martial arts organizer. All of them had there strengths and their weaknesses, however the two that I liked the most were Mas and kicksoft. One thing that I didn't like was how a lot of the software was attached by a billing company, they take so much money and the software wasnt even martial arts specific! that and when i spoke with the reps they sounded like they have never even stepped foot in a school before, except the mas guys, they actually helped me to do a marketing campaign for a kidnapping prevention program i did. I started looking at the mas program about 3 months ago and what caught my eye was their slogan "free billing". what was the catch i asked" and this is what i found out...no catch. They were able to cater to every need i had...website, marketing, software, billing and they trained my whole staff on how to work everything. The best thing is I only pay 250 bucks a month. If anyone needs these kind of things like website, marketing, software, or billing you can use my personal statement that mas is the one to go with. if you have any questions feel free to email me santiago_shife@hotmail.com
good luck on finding a solution, i hope it is easier than what i went through :P
gmattson
Site Admin

IUKF is now working

Post by gmattson »

with Championsway and will be offering "dojo management" courses to its members. Lot less than $250/mo and as complete a program/service as I've ever seen. We've also been studying the various programs out there and dojo should not be paying fees to agencies for what your bank will do for nothing.

Send me a PM if you would like more information.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
martialkicker

dojo management software

Post by martialkicker »

forgive my ignorance but isn't mas and championsway the same company? And by "working together" do you mean you are using their services?
gmattson
Site Admin

IUKF committee

Post by gmattson »

will be teaching the "dojo management" course, recommending the Championsway program and services. IUKF members will receive a discount if they utilize their program.

I am not aware of any other company or name they may be using. The fees you quoted seem way off base, which prompted my post.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”