Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: VHS to DVD
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:06 am 
I'm lacking the technical skill to fiquire out how to do this. The video card manual is greek to me. Hmm or is that geek...a new language I also don't speak :roll:

I'm looking at a tv out card, 128 MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. It has s video input and 2 sets of rca female sockets. Can I cable a VCR with 2 output jacks to this card and input VHS to my CPU?

If not how do I input VHS tapes, I want to burn them to DVD as it lasts longer. Anyone know how to do this?

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:10 pm 

Are your 2 rca female jacks red and white? If so this is your audio. If you only have s-video input, you will need a vcr player that has s-video output. I would be surprised that the ati card does not have a yellow (video) rca jack.

Once hooked up, run the capture software. The capture software does the rest. But a good card will have a combination of inputs including USB 2.0, firewire (for DV cameras), and the above mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:57 pm 

Laird,

Most video capture cards have an RCA video input, at least the last time I went shopping. Some have something called RF inputs which can convert FM TV transmission, like from your cable into a composite video format like a TV does, using a built in TV tuner. I like having a card that will accept most any kind of input. They have very reasonably priced cards that will use almost any kind of signal, like this one:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2427528&cat=4467&type=19&dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A3951%3A41937%3A4467

Failing getting one like this it sounds like you would have to convert your composite video output to S-video for use with the card you have, that is if one of the RCA jacks isn't yellow like Scott said.

Jim