Help: how to get a Dazzle to load into Windows Movie Maker

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Rick Wilson

Help: how to get a Dazzle to load into Windows Movie Maker

Post by Rick Wilson »

Anyone know how to get a Dazzle to load into Windows Movie Maker?

Okay so I dumped my MGI movie making software because of so many problems.

I would now like to use Windows Movie Maker 2.1

Problem:

The device I have to load from my VCR is a Dazzle Mojave and I always get the message “the device is already in use shut down the other applications.”

I really don’t want to spend any money right now.

Any ideas from anyone on how to make the Dazzle work with Windows movie maker?

Post by Guest »

It won't work Rick. Are you using XP? You should be able to use it with MovieStar 4.25 if you can find it. How come your not using MGI Video wave?

I don't know if this software supports your Dazzle but you could download it and give it a try:

http://www.mcfunsoft.com/download/
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Hi Tony:

I will give the software a try. I am using XP.

I was using MGI but it started giving all kinds of problems and there I no support. It stopped recording the sound.

Post by Guest »

Let me know how McFunsoft works out. I'm curious myself.
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Hi Tony:

I will be downloading the trial version tonight. They believe it will work with the Dazzle.

THANKS.

Post by Guest »

Awesome! Please post the results here.
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

No luck, Tony. It recognizes the dazzle but just gets stuck trying to opent he capture window. I emailed them.

Post by Guest »

damn. Maybe give Blaze Media Pro a try.. it's another all-in-one package.

http://www.blazemp.com/

Post by Guest »

Rick if you run the vcr through your sony handy cam and plug the handy cam into your usb port you should have no further problems using the free xp product.

just eliminate dazzel and see what happens. you have everything you need to make it work and shouldn't require any further soft ware. your handi cam will serve the same function as the dazzel hardware.

I'm assuming that your camera is current enough to have usb streaming.

I run a sony with win movie maker and have no problems.

Sorry if I dropped a headache in your lap with the software.

Laird

Post by Guest »

Wait a minute... your sony cam has USB? Why are you even using a dazzle in the first place?

Post by Guest »

oh, nevermind... VCR... thats a great idea Laird.
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Sorry guys, you would assume wrong.

MY video cam is YEARS OLD.

Post by Guest »

ah.. yep.. you need Dazzle... did you hear back from McFunsoft yet?
gmattson
Site Admin

I had the same trouble with my old camcorder..

Post by gmattson »

Used Dazzle 150 hardware and Studio 8 software. Very difficult to get my XP Pro/laptop configured to recognize the camcorder.

My old Sony camcorder "bit the dust" during the move to Florida and I convinced Sue that a new camcorder was an absolute necessity. (Tony will have to show me how to save recognizable clips though)

I purchased a new Sony Handycam digital 8 dcr-trv280 ntsc for a little under $300. This unit uses Hi8 tapes (which I have hundreds) and regular 8 tapes. I'm not sure about the output, but with the optional firewire I purchased, the output quality and speed is supposed to be excellent.

When I "created" the "swamp dojo" clip, I used the lowest quality/streaming option, which probably caused the poor quality output. Next time I'll try the 2nd option.

Oh yes... anyone need a "dazzle 150 hardware and Studio 8 software.... Cheap???
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Post by Guest »

With my Dazzle, I had to lower the video acceleration down a notch. This was in windows 98. Rick, go to your display settings and click the advanced tab. Try lowering your "hardware acceleration" down to the notch just below the bottom. See if that helps.

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”