Using internet photos in posts

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Using internet photos in posts

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:46 pm

Is there a thread I could reference or a simple explanation of how to load photos from the internet and insert them into my posts?

I feel like a bozo stepchild. Also, how do you put a picture or artwork after your name? Every time I've tried the photo gets rejected.

I am envious of the smart guys :lol:

I've been scanning objects for years, loading them onto a disc and selling things on eBay. If I can do that there why not here?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:10 am

I don't know John... thats a good question. Ebay is by far a more complex process.

All you need to do is get a picture online somewhere and link to it with the BBCODE Image tag

<CODE>[img]../picture.jpg[/img]</CODE>

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:11 am

this software *****. It's not supposed to DISPLAY THE FRIGGIN' CODE TAGS!

Postby Rick Wilson » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:09 am

John:

Picture under your name:

If you have paint shop or a similar program use the "resize" (under image) to make the picture 128 pixels by 128 pixels or smaller. Then check the size and see if it is under 6 KB. If it is not then you have to make it smaller.
Rick Wilson

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:07 am

oh, he meant his avatar. It's in your profile settings on the bottom.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:08 am

Thanks, Rick. It finally worked for me. :D I used an image I found on the web. I will experiment with the Microsoft Picture It Publishing softwareI have.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:16 am

John, I didn't know you where a fan of fly fishing! :lol:

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:29 am

To post images you find on the net. Right click on them. Click properties. Copy the url and paste it into your post. Place this [img]on%20the%20front%20end%20and%20this[/img] on the rear end. No spaces.

Try it on the image provided to see if you can duplicate it in a post.

You should end up with:

except no spaces between the image tags and the image address.

The process to post your own images is similar but you must have a server to upload your images to. Then just follow the same steps and you can post the images where ever you wish.

Postby Rick Wilson » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:01 am

Nice pic too, John. :D
Rick Wilson

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:19 pm

Laird wrote:Image

To post images you find on the net. Right click on them. Click properties. Copy the url and paste it into your post. Place this [img]on%20the%20front%20end%20and%20this[/img] on the rear end. No spaces.

Try it on the image provided to see if you can duplicate it in a post.

You should end up with:

except no spaces between the image tags and the image address.

The process to post your own images is similar but you must have a server to upload your images to. Then just follow the same steps and you can post the images where ever you wish.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:30 am

Return to Computer & Web Tech Help