Registration Obfuscator

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Valkenar

Registration Obfuscator

Post by Valkenar »

I think it's time these forums update to include one of those anti-bot obfuscated-password fields on the registration page. It's obnoxious, but probably better than constantly cleaning up after spammers.
gmattson
Site Admin

I agree...

Post by gmattson »

I hope Ted will as well.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Valkenar

Post by Valkenar »

Seems like it's been set such that you can't post too soon after a last post. However, this screws up your ability to edit a post. Maybe I should just proof-read better before submitting, but I often post and then immediately want to go fix a spelling error or reword something. With the post-delay enabled it seems impossible to do this♦
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Yah - but just last week I had to delete 17 posts from someone who wanted everyone to see Britney Spears naked. :roll: so if the post-delay keeps those types from jumping all over the board then I'd like to keep it.

-d
Last edited by Dana Sheets on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you show compassion today?
gmattson
Site Admin

I wish to thank

Post by gmattson »

our hard working administrators for watching the forums for the jerks and spammers. I was close to shutting the forums down because of all the time I was spending checking on new registrations and spammer posts.

With the help of our volunteer staff, I haven't had to do anything except to enjoy the discussions.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”