Is this for real?

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

moulton

Is this for real?

Post by moulton »

Hello Scott.

Asymetrix has some nice software. I just finished a project wrapped around their ToolBook Assistant.
Scott Danziger

Is this for real?

Post by Scott Danziger »

Anthony,

Thanks!

BTW: What do you trhink of Digital Video Producer? I'm thinking of picking it up. I have the ability to go from PC to computer with the ATI all in wonder. If it works well, I may go to the all in wonder pro.

Scott
Scott Danziger

Is this for real?

Post by Scott Danziger »

I just picked up MGI videowave. Been figureing it out. Seems OK. A good place to start. But now that I'm working, I'm limited in time to play with it. By this weekend, I should have stuff transfered back to tape. It actually has a videotape mode along with CD mode (or something to that effect) it was on sale at compusa. Who knows, maybe if I can sorta make something out of this, I can graduate to premier.

I was also looking at the All in wonder pro. Comp wants 179 for it. I saw it at Sams once. I gotta check the price. I got me some ideas in me ol noggin. And me brother gots a cd recorder. arrhhhh. (getting late)

Scott
moulton

Is this for real?

Post by moulton »

Scott or Anthony.

What is this thing called "Firewire?" Is it a fast connection to a video card or is it some hot videocard itself.

Allen
moulton

Is this for real?

Post by moulton »

Hello Anthony,

Ihe salespeople from where I purchased the digital camcorder told me "Firewire, Firewire," but they could give me no clue as to what it is -- they were only unknowledgeable salesmen, who did know the buzzwords, pushing their product. I think it may be a pc card but am not sure.

According to them, and maybe even to a frog sitting on a lilypad, this Firewire is the way to go to get data from a digital camcorder into the pc.

One of the things I would like to do is transmit a live Uechi-ryu class over the internet, or even store it on disk for editing and transmitting pertinent parts of it as a weekly lesson rather than using still pictures. To me, although a picture is worth a thousand words, a picture can also raise a thousand questions which can generate more pictures, etc. Full-motion video can quell questions.

Allen

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”