AVI Test of the mpeg embed

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Scott Danziger

Post by Scott Danziger »

The embed command is not working properly for Netscape. It will load the avi into your netscape cache using a plug in or mplayer2 as it's vehicle but will not load it or display it as it does with IE. So... forget the title of this post, if you want an AVI version of the mpeg Dan Kumite takedown,<a href="ftp://ftp.uechi-ryu.com/pub/uechi-ryu/v ... avi">Click Here</a> It's a 100k larger and not as clear as the original mpeg. A smaller version looked bad and a larger version was closer to the original but.. larger.

Maybe Tony can figure something out.

Go Jets!!!!!

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Danziger (edited 12-19-98).]
joseph

Post by joseph »

hey senior antonio,

you mentioned i need to adjust my monitor resolution or something? [from the bruce lee topic] and that i need to post here to talk tech

well here i am. further info to the page width theory about the pic's being responsible for the width prob. i alone appear to be experiencing, it only happens [the too wideness of it] in that topic folder.. all the rest of the forum comes in just dandy

so, oh seuthe of the war ravaged beast, whaddaya think?
Scott Danziger

Post by Scott Danziger »

Anyhony,

Yeah, I originally did what you did before I edited out the command in the post. I didn't crash in netscape, it loaded into cache through mplayer then the player was gone from the screen.

I used MGI Videowave. In the property command of the program I can read all the video and audio information then I just duped it. Unfortunatly, an mpeg is already compressed and the video is smoothed out. So converting to avi does not give the best video results. When capturing from an original source and choosing between avi or mpeg, avi will give you clearer audio. If you take an avi (esp. a small one) and play it larger you notice the blocks. If you convert it to mpeg it will smooth out. But, the sound will not be as clear.

A while ago I found this "free" prg called avi2mpeg somewhere on the net. It was originally a dos app but some guy wrote a little windows gui for it and it works really well. But, it does not go mpeg to avi. Anyway, I also dl'd the wauke video. Videowave will play the file but it will not display nor save the file in it's original size. The resolution goes as low as 160x120. I did convert it to avi but it was blurry because of the change of size. I did view it with mplayer but it wasn't really made to well. I would stick with 160x120 or as you had it 176x120. It's makes it small enough to dl it reasonably and really not to bad to see. If you are creating clips for a CD, you'd want to go bigger obviously, 320x240. Larger puts a strain on the machine and video memory (so I'm pretty sure) Video wave even allows you to choose what your expected output will be ie: internet, CD, videotape and lets you choose what kind of quality you want including NTSC or PAL.

Scott

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”