Suggestion

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

gmattson
Site Admin

Suggestion

Post by gmattson »

My personal feeling is that encrypted messages are wonderful for use in private email, but don't have a place in our forums.

The forums were created to provide a public platform for the discussion of martial art topics. The encrypted message format defeats this purpose.

I have the PGP program and enjoyed playing around with it, but should I ever have the need to use it, would elect to use private email to deliver the message.

Thanks.

------------------
GEM
Van Canna

Suggestion

Post by Van Canna »

Come on Sensei , lighten up ! This is light hearted fun and was written to stimulate interest in a wonderful new technology ! Much better than the last sorry sagas on these forums which drew lots of unwanted attention ! But then again some people out there will always read what they want into it , I expected that , and that was sort of a test to check on the emotional integrity of some of our lurkers/ members ! So far it has not been disappointing , except for the usual few !

------------------
Van Canna

[This message has been edited by VAN CANNA (edited 02-15-99).]
gmattson
Site Admin

Suggestion

Post by gmattson »

I didn't mean to have my suggestion taken so seriously. When the pgp showed up on Tony's forum, it was for trying out a new and valuable communication tool. When encrypted messages began showing up on other forums I was a little bit concerned that the policy would become wide spread. . . in effect defeating the purpose of these forums.

When a Forum administrator is named, they have my 100% support to run their shop in any way they wish, without interference from me or Tony. Tony had been up late installing the newest version of this ubb software last night and may have felt responsible for my comment, since he introduced the pgp to the group. In any event, he interpreted my remarks as an order and deleted those files without Lori's permission. I know from talking with him, he regrets that decision.

Please lets put this into perspective and get on with our journey.

------------------
GEM
The Observer

Suggestion

Post by The Observer »

i have to agree with Master Mattson.
PGP is kewl and phun,BUT doesn't belong in a PUBLIC forum. If you have a message that only a select group needs to read, e-mail it to them and PGP it. Some people will and prob. are offened by PGP messages in a public forum.So be it, thats part of free speach.
Anyway moderation is a good thing!!!
Van Canna

Suggestion

Post by Van Canna »

DEAR OBSERVER ,

You are cordially invited to my forum for a reply to your message !

Peace,

------------------
Van Canna

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”