Dowloads?

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Jackie Olsen

Dowloads?

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Anthony,

With the number of forums & postings ... is there a way to quickly download the current postings in each forum to read off line?

Any other suggestions? Thanks, Jackie
joseph

Dowloads?

Post by joseph »

hey antonio,

there go those sheep again.. i tried to download 'em but they came out so small i couldn't read the words.. now, they're gone from the top of the forum pages.. what's a feller to do? also, what happened to my junior member status and what's it all about alfie?

In some zen circles there is a thing called Mondo or Dharma combat, which is a sort of debate process where several members look into one person's "training practice" in a verbal exchange of "understanding". The purpose being to bring forth the heart of one's practice. It can be a frightening thing when our sense of "self" is on the line.

What you went through on Sensei Bill's forum kind of reminded me of that... Especially with your ending remarks to J.D. At the end of a Mondo, there is a capping verse. Your remarks were well suited and from the heart of your practice.

for this, I offer you congratulations!
joseph

Dowloads?

Post by joseph »

Anthony,

as you wish...

Yes, it is true that i saw early in the thread you were very defensive towards a warm spirited post from MikeD, hurling invectives in every direction. Stirring up trouble was not my intent, calling your attention to your response and that it did not go unnoticed was.

I am sure you were uncomfortable in those moments but I was equally confident in your strength and courage to face yourself in a moment of truth. I was also confident that your emotional outburst was in fact forgiven by all and that none on that thread were your detractors.

Regarding my facade of enlightenment, I confess to you and all others this flawed character of wearing my aspirations well out in front of the truth of my practice. This is called "stinking zen' in the language of my practice, and it certainly stinks where i sit. Ego and self delusion are most certainly at the root of this.

Nevertheless, we work with what is in front of us and right now this is it. One of the joys of life is also one of our sufferings, nothing lasts...not this moment or the next, thus, I hope with perserverance in my practice and training, this "self" will drop away and truth of being will emerge. If it doesn't it will be my own fault.

I think it best I not participate further in these forums. I have been mesmerized by the similarities of the Uechi practice with my own Soto zen practice. I know enough of the language and practice of martial arts from experience to recognize many of the core elements of both. Before I left karate, it was my passion to join the two, but I was not strong enough in either to do so. To my delight, I have come to recognize two among you who manifest both worlds as One. I take that inspiration with me...

Anthony, it was not my wish to do you harm, but to help you to "own" your anger and self-defensiveness. That I thought it my "place" to do so was my delusion and arrogance...for that I am sorry.

Thank you Sensei Mattson for inviting me back on these forums, I bow to a wonderfully diverse group of karateka and wish you all the best..

train hard,

joseph
joseph

Dowloads?

Post by joseph »

oh get real antonio!
you love the limelight, and crave the attention
it shows everywhere on the forum..

retreat? yes, next week at Jukai..
from this forum? no, from my intoxication with this forum
from you? you flatter yourself
joseph

Dowloads?

Post by joseph »

JD,

I thought I was doing better this time, but then there was that nagging latent anger and resentment towards one of the administrators that just had to find it's voice. My foolish agenda actually does include 'becoming like a fool'...a small success

It has been said if you don't like someone you will find something wrong with the way they hold their fork. If you do like them, they can dump the whole plate of spaggheti on your head. So it is with crossing the line, decorum and the like.

I have offended many and been offended by a few...each draws their own line. With all this spaggheti flying around it's gotta land somewhere.

Anthony and others, I hate for you to think of me the way you do but I've earned it to the degree your own hearts are pure. My dogs will love me none the less...

well, this is starting to look like one of those movies where the bad guy just never quite dies...sorry for all the fuss, I'm not going anywhere, I'll just shut up and train.
please talk about something else now...

joseph
joseph

Dowloads?

Post by joseph »

thank you for your kind offer Anthony

a true zen master would not have made those posts

as I am neither pure nor defiled, let the jewels lie amidst the rubble to wash ashore or grind to sand

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”