tech problem??

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

george

tech problem??

Post by george »

I'm not able to access uechi-ryu.com! I can get any of the programs that use .net, but .com gets me an error message.

The server people claim the whole uechi site is running with no problem.

They cannot figure out why I can't access the site, with either of my computers, using both netscape and ie. I cannot access the site using a second server either. Any suggestions?
George Mattson
Dakkon

tech problem??

Post by Dakkon »

George,
Are you still having the same problem?
I of course was able to access uechi-ryu.com with both IE 4/5 and Netscape.
When problems like this happen I check to see if I can access other sites too, there maybe a switch or router down and your ISP has no control or knowledge of it. Also try getting to uechi-ryu.com by it's IP address of 205.181.237.92. Some times the DNS servers get bogged down or a little screwy and the IP will work but the name doesn't. What http error code did you get? not the hated 404 but like a 503 or something. Hope things start working.

Dakkon
gmattson
Site Admin

tech problem??

Post by gmattson »

Everything is now working! Like nothing happened!

Yesterday the site was down (for me) all day. I could raise other sites. . . everything appeared normal, but when I tried any of the Uechi.com sites, I received a "no such address" message. Uechi-ryu.net sites worked fine. I finally gave up. This morning (6am) I tried and all was back to normal. No one seems to know what happened or why.

------------------
GEM
david

tech problem??

Post by david »

FYI, today is the first day I've been able to access the site most of the week. I tried this morning (my usual hour) and couldn't get in.

This is from my work computer which uses IE from GIS.net.

david
Moe Mensale

tech problem??

Post by Moe Mensale »

Now I know what withdrawal symptoms feel like! First time in a couple of days I have managed to get on the site.

Moe Mensale
David in Sacramento

tech problem??

Post by David in Sacramento »

I have not been able to access uechi-ryu.com from either home or work for the past week. I was only able to access this sight by directly entering the url and not going through uechi-ryu.com. Suggestions?

David in Sacramento
gmattson
Site Admin

tech problem??

Post by gmattson »

These forums are on a separate server, hence the access on one and not the other. I don't think anyone really knows what the problem is, but fortunately, it seems to solve itself with time. Let us know when you can get on the main site.

------------------
GEM
David in Sacramento

tech problem??

Post by David in Sacramento »

I was able to log on to uechi-ryu.com this am.

Dave
Scott Danziger

tech problem??

Post by Scott Danziger »

Today I can finally enter the forums. The last two days I was only able to access the main site. It's like wanting to watch your favorite tv show and the cable goes out.

Scott
david

tech problem??

Post by david »

First time I've been able to log on from home. I got on the other day from work but then was not able to again.

This morning, I tried several times. Finally, got on. Try to access the "roundtable" and got "timed out". Went to the bottom of the TOC and hit "forums". Got in with that. But I still get "timed out" on certain threads.

It must be a sign.... "david, shut up!"
Scott Danziger

tech problem??

Post by Scott Danziger »

Well this morning, I can obviously get to the forums and the Links but now I can't get through to the main site. I had both yesterday. Oh well, at least we now have 327 sites. Well, I'm going fishing! Hopefully this will resolve real soon.

Scott

------------------
Martial Arts Of Long Island
members.aol.com/mstymtn/karate/
Quality Martial Art Sites
members.aol.com/scotttd/ma1.htm
Jackie Olsen

tech problem??

Post by Jackie Olsen »

I'M BAAAACK!!!!

've been feeling very alone and have missed my cyberdojo kareteka since this past Monday. I couldn't access the forum at home or at work. The last forum discussion I read since losing connection was that the link guys were mad at Tony ... boy, they got really mad this time!

Thanks to everyone who made the re-connection possible! Gee, but it's great to be back home!

Gotta go, want to catch up on the forum discussions!!

Jackie O
david

tech problem??

Post by david »

My work account with GIS.net and personal account with AOL cannot access the forums. Have been getting "timed out" messages.

Finally logged on to my compuserve account and here I am. But, I heading to Maine today for the week. Figures...

Hope the connection problems get resolved when I get back.

david

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”