[b]zest for test

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Allen M.

[b]zest for test

Post by Allen M. »

<ol>
#1) Lately some of the proposed (or is it passed?) legislation makes a lot of sense to me.
</ol>

The very scary thing about any more laws of gun control is that pushing this legislation is a rather large movement that wants to completely disarm the American Public. More laws don’t make any sense at all until the existing laws are properly enforced.

<ol>
They are going for sales, and they know who is primarily buying their weapons ...
</ol>

Well so isn’t everything else in this country.
<ol>
… opposes all legislation that has gun control! Some control makes sense…
</ol>

Existing laws need to be enforced FIRST!
<ol>
#3) … I know I was one! …. Who is responsible for identifying, reporting and making sure that a teen gets help? Teachers? Parents? Any citizen?
</ol>
I was a teenager too, I think. Teens NEED the love and affection and the guidance that a good home can provide. That part helps. Then there is peer pressure. And if a teen falls into the wrong group no amount of good parentage is going to help. A group of larger teens started pushing one of mine around right in front of my front door once. I jumped in the middle of them, almost getting creamed in the process, and when it was all over the moms and dads I knew were paid a visit by me; made some good teen friends for that (just the opposite of what you’d expect to happen sometimes does). So that was MY part then. In school, kids tend to shy away from letting any adult or anyone outside the close proximity of their friends know when there is trouble, although word spreads through the grapevine often stopping before the words reach adults. One of the worst things for a kid to do is to rat on someone else. His/her reputation is shot from then on.
<ol>
#4) Practically impossible, especially with regards to the Internet.
</ol>
Can’t stop it. A real cancer.
<ol>
#5) If teacher were willing to accept the responsibility…
</ol>

I think most teachers are.

<ol>
The problem is I don't think even the world's greatest experts necessarily know how to raise a child,
</ol>

I’ll bet that most parents can and do a better job than the so-called experts. It only takes a few bad ones to ruin it for everyone else.
<ol>
Next, we need to fix our justice system.
</ol>
Right on. But t’ain’t never going to happen.

------------------
Allen - [email]uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A> - <A HREF="http://www.uechi-ryu.org[/email]

[This message has been edited by Allen M. (edited 06-08-99).]

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”