mummified mail files

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

David Elkins

mummified mail files

Post by David Elkins »

Anthony San,

Hello. I wanted to extract a posting that I had made to a MA discussion (ugghhhh) group and it is to be found in a folo___pmm file. I'm unable to open this or to even delete it from "my documents." Any suggestions?

Any chance of progress on the Chou Tzu prostitute stone critter?

Take care,

David
Dakkon

mummified mail files

Post by Dakkon »

Hello David,
What is the error that windozes gives you?
If you go to the file threw explore and right click on it and select delete it does not allow you? Try doing a right click and select properties and see if its a system file.
If it is un check the box and try to delete it again.

Regards,
Chuck
David Elkins

mummified mail files

Post by David Elkins »

Chuck and Anthony,

Thanks for the suggestions. I is it is a general file. I unclicked all the boxes at the bottom re: read only, archive, etc. The message is: Access denied. Make sure that the disc is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

I closed Pegasus so that there wouldn't be a chance that it would be considered in use and it still doesn't delete.

My first priority is to open it and extract what I wrote to use elsewhere. Secondarily failing this (or if I am successful) I want to delete it from My Docs.

Any other suggestions?

Anthony, thanks. Whatever you can do on the figure would be great.

David
David Elkins

mummified mail files

Post by David Elkins »

I just don't get it. I went to find the path (Tao?) and progressed from My computer to C drive to My Documents. There it was, the file in question. I thought maybe I can zap it from here, so I tried and it worked.

Question: if I can't zap it from the My Doc. icon desk top shortcut, why was I able to zap it from the same place but approaching it differently?

This may be a question for the military strategies and tactics forum.

Thanks for workin' with me. I'm still scratching my head.

David

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”