connection problem

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Moe Mensale

connection problem

Post by Moe Mensale »

Anthony,

Although the major problems being experienced over the last few weeks seem to be fixed, I am having a minor problem.

When I try to load the home page, I keep getting the following message several times before the page loads:

"file:\\\images\r\spacer.gif" could not be found

All I do is click the "OK" button and the process continues until the page comes up, which it always does, but not without that message showing up.

This only happens with the uechi-ryu.com site, nothing else. Is this a problem on my end or with the site?

Moe Mensale
Allen M.

connection problem

Post by Allen M. »

George,

If you were pointing to a file or pix on your local PC I don't think you would. I used to run into the same types of difficulties with my web pages only too frequently. Everything would look good from home, then I'd bring up a page from work, and omygosh!

Then I changed things to my URLS pointed to only stuff on my server.When the server was up I could not look at my local stuff, but when the server was down that's all I saw. This can be a chop-suey situation until you separate the chop from the suey. Frustrating, but it should be all relative...<font color=green>
------------------
Allen - uechi@ici.net - http://www.uechi-ryu.org

[This message has been edited by Allen M. (edited 04-28-99).]
gmattson
Site Admin

connection problem

Post by gmattson »

Interesting. . . I don't get this message!! I'll fix it today.
Thanks for letting me know about it.

------------------
GEM
Moe Mensale

connection problem

Post by Moe Mensale »

George/Anthony,

This "home page" problem is still here. I've used several different machines at my office and at home and continue to get this error.

If I log directly on to the "forums" no problem.

What to do ??!!

Moe Mensale
gmattson
Site Admin

connection problem

Post by gmattson »

I'll try to fix the problem once again. Let me know on Monday if you get the same error.

Also, be sure to delete your browser's cache. Otherwise, you will continue to load an old view.
Moe Mensale

connection problem

Post by Moe Mensale »

GEM & Anthony,

The problem appears to be finally taken care of!!!! I have used a couple of different machines/locations and am not having any more error messages.

Thanks Image

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”