Real Time

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Evan Pantazi

Real Time

Post by Evan Pantazi »

I just downloaded the real time via Mattson Sensei's link and it seemed to go fine until I triel to play one of the clips. the message said I performed an illegal act of some sort. Anyone have an idea what happened?

------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.erols.com/kyusho
Scott Danziger

Real Time

Post by Scott Danziger »

I'm also having problems. I keep getting a timeout error. I have the G2 and it works on other sites, just not here.

Scott
Evan Pantazi

Real Time

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Duh!

I forgot to reboot!

The images are not as sharp as on my quicktime, was it because they were compressed more?

------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.erols.com/kyusho
Scott Danziger

Real Time

Post by Scott Danziger »

It's always timing out here only. I just tried it a minute ago and it's 6:30 in the morning.

Scott
gmattson
Site Admin

Real Time

Post by gmattson »

Naturally RealTime works fine on my computer! Since this is a new technology for me, I'd appreciate hearing from anyone else who tried it and found a problem or found that it worked.

I've been experimenting with various types of compression ratios and speed of transfer. Found that with the smaller images (like on Evan's clips) and producing the clip with "smoothest" format, the clip runs almost as good as original. And I'm only using a 33kps modem.

Harry Skeffington has been very helpful in setting this program up and running. I know he would also appreciate any feedback, since the server is his.

We will be broadcasting 20 minute clips of Summer Camp activities. Not sure if we will be able to get them to run "realtime" or if they will be delayed a few hours. In any event, they will remain on the server's RealTime Library.

------------------
GEM
Scott Danziger

Real Time

Post by Scott Danziger »

I just tried it again. Still getting the time out message. But it does work elsewhere.

Weird.

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”