Real Media slide show

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

gmattson
Site Admin

Real Media slide show

Post by gmattson »

Tony. . . hope things are going well for you. . . haven't heard anything from you in awhile!

I posted a slide show. (link on my 'whats new' site). A couple of people say they are having trouble loading it. I found that the voice came through right away, but the pictures took about a minute to load.

I've contacted RealMedia, but no answer yet.

Any comments?

------------------
GEM
Dakkon

Real Media slide show

Post by Dakkon »

George,
Worked fine for me on two different machines/Providers.
Both machines are running the latest Real Player. I'd recommend the others upgrade.
Bandwidth and other net-trafic could play a factor that no one can guess. What rate did you encode at? I'd still keep it to 28.8 or 33.6 because of net traffic and congestion.
Tony should have his machine buy this Friday.
He'll be getting a cable modem on the 30th
Damn I'm jealous on that cable modem I have to wait.
gmattson
Site Admin

Real Media slide show

Post by gmattson »

Pleased to hear this Dakon. I didn't want to load the other slideshows until I heard from someone on this. I called Real techies and they weren't able to suggest any solutions. Finally received an answer to my email. They stated I should load pictures with fewer pixels!!

I encoded for 28 - 56 k, which was recommended. On my equipment, the sound came right through, no problem, but it took a minute and a half for the pictures to load. I could then restart the program and the pictures loaded properly.

I'll try again with the other two programs.

Best,

------------------
GEM

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”