printers and surge protectors...

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Dakkon

Post by Dakkon »

Ted,
I too agree with Tony on the Printer.
I've a HP 682C that gets cleaned before EVERY USE. A soft lint free cloth and a warm soapy solution does the trick. {I've 2 siberian huskies so you can't hardly not have hair on everything} Try soaking them for 10 minutes then wipe it dry witha clean lint free cloth

As for the surge protection.
Use a GOOD name brand. I also use APC on my entire system.
I've a APC 900 & 200, Can't go wrong with them. Lost power due to the storm and the 900 keep me running for 75 minutes and the 200 keep the radio going for hours!

The only rule to surge protection is would you be better off to spend a little more and gets a UPS?
APC makes IMHO the best power protection equipment out there!

Dakkon
Sochin

Post by Sochin »

First:
my printer, an epson stylus 600, has clogged heads that won't clear with cleaning...any tricks I can try before I take it in to a shop??

Second:
I have just gotten a new computer for the first time - no more clunckers!! - and I finially have a reason to follow up a rumor I heard years ago that the surge protectors in power bars are unacceptable and I should have one of the 'boxy' ones that sit between the wall socket and the power cord. I'm ready to do it but they are expensive if I don't really need them.

------------------
Ted T.
The Fighting Old Man

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”