IE 5

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Lori

IE 5

Post by Lori »

Hi Tony-san,

Having fun with a REAL computer - and running into a few questions - would appreciate any help.

First - using IE5 now - every time I close a browser window - leaving my internet connection active - I get an annoying window from IE asking if I want to close my internet connection. I've checked under internet options, connections and all that - and cannot find anything to disable this constant prompt. Any ideas welcome!

Second - I was looking over the Microsoft updates page - and notice quite a few updates regarding internet security with IE5. Do you recommend any of these in particular or should I check regularly for these updates and download them as a matter of course?

Thanks in advance,
Lori

[This message has been edited by Lori (edited 11-19-99).]
Lori

IE 5

Post by Lori »

Hi Tony-san,

Thanks for the reply - actually - I've already done what you suggested - manually connecting to my provider first - then loading my mail and browser - I've tried both settings for automatically connecting and not - and I still get the dialog box - even after changing settings and re-booting - it's quite baffling! It's actually annoying as I close the browser then get that damn box popping up on whatever else I'm doing...

And thanks for the head's up about the updates - if you think they are worth the time and disk space - then I'll be doing the same!

Thanks again,
Lori

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”