Any one for I.E. 5.5beta ?

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Dakkon

Post by Dakkon »

<div align="center"><font size="+4" color="Blue">Microsoft</font>©

<font color="Blue">Proudly Announces</font>

<font size="+2" color="Purple">Internet Explorer 5.5<font size="-2" color="Red">beta</font></font>®</div>
<hr width="600">
Yes,You too can become the first on your block or in Cubicle land to have this software.
Simply click this linkGive me I.E. 5.5 NOW
<hr width="600">
Internet Explorer 5.5 beta includes support for Dynamic HTML, Java, and the Channel Definition Format (CDF). An AutoSearch feature lets you choose your search engine and display search results in different ways. For example, you can choose to be redirected automatically to the best-matched site. In the history box, you can sort the list of sites by date, site, most visited, or the order visited. The AutoComplete feature displays a drop-down list of matching sites when you start to type a URL in the address bar. AutoComplete also works with Web forms, displaying a list of previous entries when you start to type in a field on a Web site. To automate login processes even further, you can also save usernames and passwords for particular sites. Internet Explorer offers 56-bit encryption and includes a Radio Toolbar, which allows you to listen to radio stations over the Internet as you browse. IE also allows you to select the default email, calendar, newsgroup, and HTML editors of your choice. You can even designate your Web-based email provider as the default email program.

Version 5.5 beta, the latest in this Web browser line, includes improved support for DHTML behaviors, as well as additional support for vertical text and existing standards such as Cascading Style Sheets (CSS 1). IE 5.5 beta also features additional support for the Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language (SMIL). A print preview feature has been added to this version. Other new features include improvements in printing performance and several Internet enhancements that will be included in the upcoming Windows Millennium.

A worth well download and stable(knocking on wood) as any other Microsoft product out.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Dakkon (edited 12-03-99).]
Dakkon

Post by Dakkon »

This is faster then 5.01 ever dreamed of.
Stable as h@ll no crashs in 5 days.
If you updated to 5.01 then 5.5 is only 7.5megs. Of course the only person I know running 98 just installed it today and has had ZERO problems so far. Consider upgrading!
Assimulation is near, Just do it!

Have fun,
Chuck
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

I'll have to give it a try. Since reformating, I've been having lots of trouble booting up. Locks up with the Microsoft logo on screen. Sometimes if I kick the computer, it starts. Also, while on-line, both netscape and IE browsers lock-up for now reason.

I finally deleted 'GoBack', the only new program I installed. Everything is working fine now!

Has GoBack given anyone else any trouble?

------------------
GEM
Dakkon

Post by Dakkon »

Bwhahahah heheheheh LOL
or more like ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's too much!
Which kick did you use?
Footsweep hill strike or toe?
Just wondering do you have one of the new PIII's? The coppermines are reported to have a power up problem.
Chuck

[This message has been edited by Dakkon (edited 12-04-99).]
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Actually, I used a patented Uechi "hook" kick! Image

Since reformating the computer and carefully eliminating all unused programs and applications, my damn computer keeps locking up while on-line. About every half hour or less. I've deactivated all active programs, and have reinstalled netscape 4.7 * IE 5.5, but the problem persists. Sometimes when rebooting, the computer will freeze-up prior to Windows opening. Must reboot in 'safe' mode. No conflicts are apparent. Reboot again and windows will load. I'm wondering if it might be a hardware problem. Modem???

Getting my DSL installed on the 12th of Dec. Wondering what affect this will have on the problems.

------------------
GEM

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”