AOL Instant Messenger

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Kevin Mackie

AOL Instant Messenger

Post by Kevin Mackie »

I tried the Uechi chat several weeks ago. I got on with someone you logged in thru a Seattle radio station and never heard of Uechi Ryu.

Anyways, I've got AOL IM from aol.com (free, don't need aol for it to work). Anybody else have it? I can get in touch with home when their on line easily. This seems to be an easy way for real time chatting without any hassle or strangers popping up.

Kevin (KM848890)
Dakkon

AOL Instant Messenger

Post by Dakkon »

Hey Kevin,
Have you checked in ICQ?
It's also an AOL product but has a *FEW* more features. GRanted it doesn't hook into the AOL world for ease of chat with other AOLiens Image It's prob. the most popular chat client on the net. Give it a shot some people run AOL IM and ICQ just to keep up with everyone. It's nuts!
Regards,
Chuck
T Rose

AOL Instant Messenger

Post by T Rose »

I just started using IM. It would be nice if we had a way to post screen names for chats..

later..
Dakkon

AOL Instant Messenger

Post by Dakkon »

T Rose,
You can add your screen name to your Uechi-Ryu forum signature that would allow people to look for you while they are on line. That way you don't have to type it in all the time.
Seems like a pretty diverse time scape in the forums. Some are on only 9-5 others 5-9 then you have the all day people that pop in and out then there is the night owls after 11pm. Best bet is to get everyone agree on a time and software and do it.

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”