Nice New Banner

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Lori

Nice New Banner

Post by Lori »

Hey Tony-san,

Just wanted to remark on the new banner for the forums (or whatever it's called) - nice clean look and It's nice to have a bit more viewing room since it scrolls - unlike the last banner. Nice work!

Peace,
Lori
Dakkon

Nice New Banner

Post by Dakkon »

George,
Excellent job on the new banner!
Gives the forums that Fresh clean feeling.
Looks so much less clutered.

Chuck
Allen M.

Nice New Banner

Post by Allen M. »

Look out for that guy in Brockton with the newly rebuilt PC. He's putting it through its paces by spiffing up this forum. Looks good, sharp, and is a real eye catcher.

------------------
Allen, now at his new website www.ury2k.com/pulse/index.htm
Mary S

Nice New Banner

Post by Mary S »

Sorry...but I must become the fly in the ointment here...the new banner is very colorful and when the topics come up one at a time they are great...HOWEVER, when they all "mush" together they are extremely difficult to read...maybe it's just me...

------------------
Mary S

Nice New Banner

Post by Mary S »

Tony, that doesn't seem to help....I get the "Please Visit and Shop" part clearly then the rest all blends together on top and it becomes simply a jumble of colours and letters...maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet.... M

------------------
gmattson
Site Admin

Nice New Banner

Post by gmattson »

Mary:
Sounds like your computer caught my computer's 'cold'. You might try upgrading your video driver. Or try another configuration. This gets a bit technical, so perhaps Tony or Dakkon can walk you through the process.

------------------
GEM
Mary S

Nice New Banner

Post by Mary S »

So, four cups of coffee later...I think the problem seems to be that the characters do not scroll out of the way and they lump on top of each other....ach-ooo!!!

I will live with the problem - I'm not the most computer-literate person in the world and the colours are sooooo pretty....must get more coffee!!!!

Mary S

------------------
Dakkon

Nice New Banner

Post by Dakkon »

Mary,
Quick Question, Which browser are you using?
Mary S

Nice New Banner

Post by Mary S »

Hey - a question I actually know the answer to....I'm using Netscape 4.51. I feel bloody brilliant now!!!!

Dakkon, I am pretty much resigned to the fact that I am not computer savvy enough to follow any instructions you give to help me with this glitch (plus the coffee is wearing off). It's not that big a problem...Mary S

------------------
Allen M.

Nice New Banner

Post by Allen M. »

I wonder how popular Netscape is anymore. It's a shame to have to write stone-age code just to make Netscape happy.

Microsoft -- Can't live with it but can't live without it.

------------------
Dakkon

Nice New Banner

Post by Dakkon »

Mary,
I had a feeling it was Netscape :|
Netscape has just fallen so far behind in the `net game it's a shame. I was a devoted Netscape user till I.E.5 can't beat the speed it has. I still miss somethings in Netscape but I've learned to deal with it in I.E.5. The only suggestion would be to install I.E. 5, Sorry Image
Cheers and a safe NewYear to all,
Chuck
Mary S

Nice New Banner

Post by Mary S »

Dakkon - thanks for the advice but I am not the "ruler of my domain" here...so I guess I'm stuck with what I got...but still, such pretty pretty colors...and if I squint I can sorta make out what's written... :-)

Happy and safe New Year's to all.

------------------
gmattson
Site Admin

Nice New Banner

Post by gmattson »

Scott D. just sent me a 'fixed' banner that I've forwarded to Tony. Scott claims it fixes the Netscape problem.

------------------
GEM
Allen M.

Nice New Banner

Post by Allen M. »

Mary, both IE and Netscape can coexist on the same computer if the "ruler" can measure a few megabytes on your PC for you.

------------------
Mary S

Nice New Banner

Post by Mary S »

Allen - thanks for the info I shall pass along to our "Computer Goddess" however I fear it will have to wait until the new year - she is making sure there are no unnecessary "burps" regarding Y2K right now and all her energy is devoted to this task...Mary S

------------------

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”