CSS-P

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Collin Warder

CSS-P

Post by Collin Warder »

I am not certain how familiar you are with web tech, but here's a poser that I'm hung up on.

With cascading style sheet positioning, how can I layer images such that they will not have space allocated to them in the logical document flow? The answer to this is obvious, I just set their position to absolute and layer them with an increasing z-index. With an absolute position, the element is taken out the document flow and therefor will not have any space allocated to it.

My problem is that I need these images to reflow with the document if the client window is resized. I have tried setting their position's relative to their parent element, but then empty space is allocated to the place where they should fall in the document flow. I can't have big holes in my tables Image

It seems like I have to set their position's to absolute and and write a script to reset their top and left pixel locations whenever an onResize event is fired off. Got any suggestions?

-Collin

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”