A question

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Rick Wilson

A question

Post by Rick Wilson »

First of all, Tony great work on the forums!!!!

Second a question:

Which is the best virus scanner program to go with?

Thanks,

Rick
Kyoshu

A question

Post by Kyoshu »

Also be aware that if you are using Outlook or Outlook Express, that nortols changed you server settings to an ip address so don't be supprised when you can't send or recieve mail, just check your server prefs and return to what you had them as before.

Kyoshu
Dakkon

A question

Post by Dakkon »

Kyoshu,
Yes Norton has a bizare way to handle mail scanning. Most ISPs recommend killing the mail scan feature. I had it work 3 out of 5 times before I got tired of it.
Another Norton failure is I've seen it miss several of the newer trojans! Not good!!
and that was with the most updated scanners!
Norton at one time was a top notch Virus scanner. The recent screw ups will have many users looking for a new scanner.
AVP has been a top rated scanner for awhile and it will not slow your Quicken down or not allow you to scan the boot records.
Later,
Dakkon
Rick Wilson

A question

Post by Rick Wilson »

Many many thanks,

We had just formatted our hard drive to clean it up and reinstalled everything. We updated the Norton scanner files and all heck broke loose. Our display went weird etc.

At the time we didn't know what had caused it and the Norton scan was giving different virus readings every time. Reformatted
again, downloaded Norton 200 trial version and no viruses. My older kids figured out it had to be the virus update. After this
I really what to go to something different.

Thank you all,

Rick

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”