Cheetah Dries

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Al M.

Cheetah Dries

Post by Al M. »

Tony/Chuck

Finally decided on a hard drive for the new system I a going to build, hopefully within the next few months (The ASUS MB is still not shipping). I selected the 18 Gig Seagate ST318203-LW Cheetah SCSI Ultra-2/Wide LVD with an average seek time of 5.2ms read, a 6ms write time, and runs at 10,000 Rpm (solidly red-lines my truck!) as my candidate.

I am also considering getting a dual-processor board, so when the speed of the Coppermines come down I can economically increase the PC's productivity. I just hate the wait time associated with reading and writing 30Meg+ files.

There is now a DVD writer out there. How many megs/gigs in a DVD?
Allen M.

Cheetah Dries

Post by Allen M. »

Security says you must be a registered user in order to edit your own post. Therefore as Al M., an unregistered user, I was powerless to apply the electric eraser.

Delete own post? Desired? Sounds like one can get in there, start something, then run like hell before too many fingers have the chance to get pointed.

------------------
Allen, now at his new website www.ury2k.com/pulse/index.htm
Dakkon

Cheetah Dries

Post by Dakkon »

Allen,
DVD comes in four different data capacities, ranging from 4.7 to 17.2 gigabytes.
I guess based on the fact there is 5 different books that each book holds a different amount.
Check out http://www.dvdforum.org/
Cheers,
Chuck

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”