Road Runner is like AOL at times

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

DescentGod

Post by DescentGod »

My RR just got here little less then a mo. ago. When if 1st got here it was pretty fast but now It's still pretty fast but at the times of 10:#0 - 12:00pm (est) the packet loss just wants to jump so high you can't even look at a website. It's like being on a 14.4. I like it when it works right because I have done speed test and it's just about like a T3 but when it don't work right it's just like a 33.6 or a 14.4. People say that it can only get better and some people say when RR got at there place it really sucked but about a mo or two after it started to get betters. Better pings and less loss. What do you guys think?
Dakkon

Post by Dakkon »

DescentGod,
Thank you for stopping by!
Sounds like they got you hooked on that speed drug Imagetoo.
10:30-12pm is prime time surfing on the west coast so those sites located on the west coast may surfer. That's still no excuess though! I'm on week 2.5 and it's been great!
My only problem is the newsfeed and untill a week or so ago the random `net game working or not. Roadrunner added a Quake server but its only accessible to RR customers Image I don't think they get better they just remain steady it appears.

Dakkon
bill

Post by bill »

Well.. as of today, YES Roadrunner IS AOL now. AOL has become even stronger than microsoft now that they bought time warner. Sad. Think I'll be dumping RR. No f'ing way i'm going to be under AOL's oppression.
Dakkon

Post by Dakkon »

Bill,
Yes it's sadly true AOL did buy Time Warner.
Waiting for the dust to settle so we can see if they got the RoadRunner divison. Heck who knows it could be a good thing!
Dakkon

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”