Thread Reply Changes

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Lori

Thread Reply Changes

Post by Lori »

OK - here's another question about the forum upgrade - used to be when replying to a post, I could scroll down past the reply message box and see the thread down below - I did that a lot so I could reference back to the posts I was responding to - now that appears to be gone and all I see is a replica of the heading of the forum. Is this an option that can be turned back on? (I notice that the "quote previous post" option has been turned off (or has it?) - good thing for those not familiar with these forums - but I was going to use that at least to get the text of the prior message - then delete it.) It would be nice if we could still scroll down to see the thread if that's possible.

Again - it's not that big a deal - just getting used to the new look and feel of the upgrade.

Peace,
Lori
Lori

Thread Reply Changes

Post by Lori »

Hey Tony-san,

Thanks for switching that feature back on - I didn't realize how much I used it till it was gone!

I never did find the "scrollable frame."

Thanks again,
Lori
Shelly King

Thread Reply Changes

Post by Shelly King »

Tony

Now, at least on Lori's forum, to get the thread replies, you now have to open another window instead of it automatically being listed at the bottom. Could we please go back to the old way? Flipping back and work between windows is a pain, IMO.

Oh, and sometime can you publish how to get all the faces in the text?

------------------
Shelly
Dakkon

Thread Reply Changes

Post by Dakkon »

Shelly,
TO get the faces in a post click on the "Smiles Legend" on your left.
Click Here also .
the cute ones are enclosed in colons ":"
ie Image = colon mad colon
Image = colon rolleyes colon
Image = colon eek colon
Image = colon cool colon
Image = colon confused colon
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Dakkon
Shelly King

Thread Reply Changes

Post by Shelly King »

Dakkon

Thanks Image

Now about the post histories....what's going on with them...

and a second thing...it use to be when I wanted to post a reply, my user name and password would automatically fill in...now I have to type it everytime. What can I do to make it fill back in automatically?

I know, I'm such a pest.

------------------
Shelly

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”