Paradigm Shift

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Allen M.

Paradigm Shift

Post by Allen M. »

I am asking for a little help.

I rewrote my opening website page tonight using CSS absolute positioning (the shift) instead of standard html code. While it looks robust from here, a number of youse guys use different types of computers with different operating systems and different browsers could spot something that I can't.

Would ALL of youse take a quick trip over to <a href="http://www.uechi-ryu.ws">Uechi-ryu Etcetera</a> and let me know whether or not the text and graphics are lining up correctly on your monitors?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Scott Danziger

Paradigm Shift

Post by Scott Danziger »

Oooohhhh. Nice!!

Stats... PIII 550, ATI Rage 16 megs, IE 5.5.

Outstanding!

Paradigm Shift

Post by Guest »

Allen, like you book, your web site gets better with every new version.One day maybe you can teach me some uechi-ryu. One day maybe you can teach me some computer......either way I'd be lucky!

Laird

[This message has been edited by uglyelk (edited March 31, 2001).]
Dakkon

Paradigm Shift

Post by Dakkon »

Allen,
Look's great! Everything lined up to the left hand edge.
10247x768 32bit color
IE 5.5sp1
Allen M.

Paradigm Shift

Post by Allen M. »

Thanks for the kudos. I blush easily and my face is as red as the infrared shoken. Image

Ok so I know it works on standard stuff. Is anyone out here using a Mac or Netscrape or an older browser?

CSS remains in the perilous frontier where browser wars are still fought.
<hr>
Laird. Here is my first computer lesson to you as well as to anyone else still cracking through the shell: Get rid of your pc and pretend you never saw one. You will live a much happier and longer life(haha).

------------------
Dakkon

Paradigm Shift

Post by Dakkon »

Laird,
I second what Allen said! But if you must have a PC get a Pentium 100 with a 28.8modem and use that. It will help keep the online time to a minimum. You will be happier ;-)

Chuck
Valkenar

Paradigm Shift

Post by Valkenar »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allen M.:
Would ALL of youse take a quick trip over to <a href="http://www.uechi-ryu.ws">Uechi-ryu Etcetera</a> and let me know whether or not the text and graphics are lining up correctly on your monitors?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Looks fine in netscape 6
Allen M.

Paradigm Shift

Post by Allen M. »

Does the sound work there using NS6, Justin?

PS I Think there is some problems with posting here and would like to continue this in the other Paradign post.

------------------

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”