Did the Paradigm Shift Break?

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Go down to the local bookstore or surf softpro.com. You want to get books by O'Reiley (sp) if you are going to do anything in Linux, Chuck. O'Reiley has warmed the hearts of the UNIX community for years. I'll bet there is even an O'Reiley Linux book. Do it and you won't be sorry.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Dakkon

Post by Dakkon »

Tony,
Thanks for the hint, i'll try that when I attempt to update the KDE interface sometime this week.

Allen,
Yep O'Reiley is a unix standard it seems. They also seem to have a good line of books in general. Have read one of them before for PERL just to clue me in on some basics.

Oh well time to reboot the machine and see how the updates went.

Chuck
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Sorry about the long UNIX speil above. I must have awoken from a bad dream or something.

If there's anything in UNIX-land you want to learn, the definitive O'Reilly has it. Only in recent years has he expanded to include Microsoft and the web.

Did one of youse guys told me the script that Linux is using before?

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Tony-San

Post by Tony-San »

Chuck,

I think you can actually type "script" at the command line (with a couple arguments, filename for one) and it will record all of your subsequent commands and dump them into a file. You can then edit it and run it later like a macro.

Tony

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”