Trillian is the ultimate chat program

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Dakkon 98

Post by Dakkon 98 »

Those that know me know I don't often hawk a program, but this one deserves some serious attention!
Trillian
Remeber the name as it does it all and is freeware too!

Simply said, Trillian is the ultimate chat program. With so many different chat mediums such as MSN Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ and IRC available today, there needs to be a single unified program for people to communicate with. Enter Trillian. With Trillian, all these chat networks are combined into a powerful, easy to use program.
ONE program one GUI not 2 or 3 or 4 but one!

Check it out @ <a href ="http://www.trillian.cc/" target="_new">Trillian</a>
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Thanks for the tip Dakkon. I'll check it out today.

------------------
GEM
Dakkon 98

Post by Dakkon 98 »

George,
It uses XML and can be easily customizied.
I've done the basic color changeing so far but will give the "skin" thing a try later.

Chuck
Valkenar

Post by Valkenar »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dakkon 98:
Trillian
Remeber the name as it does it all
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does it support the newer server-stored buddy lists that IM recently implemented?
Dakkon 98

Post by Dakkon 98 »

Hmmm that's a good question. I'll have to test for that. It imported all my contacts

Chuck
Dakkon 98

Post by Dakkon 98 »

Valkenar,
Yes, Trillian does import the server stored contacts of AOL,MSN and Yahoo!
Only catch is that it won't write back to the server so any changes made to the Trillian list is unique to that program. Still one program for 3-4 is killer!
Valkenar

Post by Valkenar »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dakkon 98:
Valkenar,
Only catch is that it won't write back to the server so any changes made to the Trillian list is unique to that program. Still one program for 3-4 is killer!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, that sort of renders the feature moot, doesn't it? If it never writes changes, then you have to download all those other services anyway, to maintain your list (if using other computers). I guess for people that really use all 3, all the time, then it could be useful anyway. Or anyone that only uses them from one computer.

Out of curiousity, does it also support person to person audio talking?

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”