Wipe This!

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Allen M.

Wipe This!

Post by Allen M. »

hahahahaah!!!!!

I just had a hard disk crash early this morning, and it was funny. Instead of the usual O-S't calls, it was Yes!

I have been feverishly developing a new application for the past several weeks as well as developing news stuff for my website.

A Wipe-disk application caught my attention. hahaahhah. Boy, did it!

A disk wiper is supposed to clean erased files from the hard disk(s) of desire, and hoboy, did it! It began wiping everything else too, which I discovered by accident as it was working and I was hunting for files. Hahahaha, this is good.

Destroyed everything and spent the last half-day reconstructing my system; got it up and running a few minutes ago and am here testing its robustness. Why am I laughting about it? I'm sooo happy, that's why. Not at the diskaster, rather that about a few hours post midnight a little angel sat on my shoulder and nagged to back up the new developments. Whell [or free from it] the nagging has been pretty persistant for a week now, and I finally caved in to better judgement and backed most everything I could think of.

I missed a few and lost a few hours of coding work and about a week's worth of emails. I build a whole library of beautiful earth shots from satellites during the night which are completely gone along with the links, but...

Anyway, my email address will soon start returning to sender as ici.net has been fooling around with email accounts again and their tech service is often totally unreachable by phone in time of need, so touche to them.

I signed up with a new web provider el cheapo with 50 megs of hard drive space, or a factor of 5 more than before so I'll be able to put pix and stuff up and leave them there instead of removing them when I reach my limits.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”