Multimedia Page News

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Scott Danziger

Multimedia Page News

Post by Scott Danziger »

I am halfway done removing mpeg's from the ftp server and converting them into smaller wmv files. You can view these files online or download them if you want. For some reason there was some sort of change and the mpegs couldn't be accessed anyway. The wmv's are close to mpeg quality. But because of their much smaller size, I thought it best to reduce server space use. Besides, that makes it easier for users to download.
Some smaller videos will remain as mpegs.
Not every video will have a downloadable format, mpeg or wmv. But all videos can be streamed at 3 different bandwidths.

Over the past year the site has accumulated over 50 video clips. Now that I am slowly getting some more free time to work on it, look for some improvements and more videos. I have also been re-doing some of the earlier videos for better quality and larger viewing size.

We've been getting some good feedback in the guestbook.

If you have some good martial art video you want up on the site, contact me here or by email. You will of course get the credit. Just have the copyright or permission. Personal tournament video is cool. Even seminar stuff or demos. Maybe your own school.

Scott

------------------
VISIT:
Uechi-Ryu.Com Multimedia
Uechi-Ryu.Com Hotlist (Martial Art Links)
Taking Charge - Cable TV & Video Martial Arts Show
Scott Danziger

Multimedia Page News

Post by Scott Danziger »

I wanted to mention, this site is possible because of the efforts of Sensei George Mattson and his massive contribution to the martial arts.

When visiting the site, click on the 2001 introduction. Or Click Here.

Also major thanks to Anthony Licalzi for the awesome clips he has sent in. His clips are the backbone of the Uechi Technique's video page. He's also the guy that got me into this here when he handed me the Hotlist job.

Also major thanks to Marilyn Fierro, 7th dan of Isshinryu who has let us use clips from her TV show Taking Charge. Her stuff is the backbone of the Masters & Other Styles section.

------------------
VISIT:
Uechi-Ryu.Com Multimedia
Uechi-Ryu.Com Hotlist (Martial Art Links)
Taking Charge - Cable TV & Video Martial Arts Show

[This message has been edited by Scott Danziger (edited November 11, 2001).]
Tony-San

Multimedia Page News

Post by Tony-San »

Scott,

You've done a great job on this site man. Your dedication has been duly noted over and over again!

I wish someone would do a Seisan clip though...
Scott Danziger

Multimedia Page News

Post by Scott Danziger »

Dude, I thought you were going to do a Seisan clip. I can do a "What you shouldn't do" seisan clip Image.

Anyway thanks but I wasn't looking for any recognition. I know what I do but I don't think many know what you have done from the outset... here on these forums, starting off the hotlist, and the many clips you've sent. Among other things...

Glad to see you back on the forums!

Scott
Tony-San

Multimedia Page News

Post by Tony-San »

Scott,

Thanks man... most folks probably don't care what I/We have done, which is why im not doing it. If people knew how much work you put into this site, they would send you checks in the mail (well... some folks would).
gmattson
Site Admin

Multimedia Page News

Post by gmattson »

Good to see you on the forums Tony. I agree that most people sort of take the Forums and website for granted. However, all the people who contribute, such as yourself, Scott, Van, Bill and many others, do so partially because we enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Susan keeps showing me the bills at the end of the month for all the services, software and reminds me of all the time spent on the site. . . Time that could be productively (read.. earning money) elsewhere. . .

Would we do all this again, knowing how expensive in time and money it is?

Absolutely!
AlanL

Multimedia Page News

Post by AlanL »

Mattson Sensei,

Not being located in the NE area, your website and forums have helped me tremendously!!!! I've met lots of great people and was able to continue my Uechi training in ways otherwise not possible, all thanks to you and all the others that made this site what it is today.

Definetly not taken for granted!!

Respectfully,

Alan Lowell

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”