Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: All the New Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:20 pm 

So how is everybody enjoying the new forum and new server for the videos?

Well, unfortunatly, I am not. I'd like to know if anybody else is having these problems.

1 - I have to login to the forums not only everytime I visit, but every time I change to another forum. And I'm an administrator. It is driving me nuts.

2 - The new server where the videos are were beautifully fast when we first switched, now they are so slow I clocked a download at 9kps. I couldn't even view the video. Needless to say, I cannot upload the videos I have ready to go online. Even through the ftp it is slow. ("Mega"-slow)

Anybody else also experiencing this? I thought it may be my connection but I tried another video site to make sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:21 pm 

Strange but cool, I think my cookies are finally working. Now to find a solution to the video problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:36 am 
Site Admin

Sorry about the cookie problem. It's because of the dns change -- the url of the forums changed from uechi-ryu-temp.ath.cx to uechi-ryu.com. I wrote a script that will redirect people to the correct url if they're using an old one.

As for the videos problem... the videos aren't on this server (as far as I know). You're talking about ( http://abcisp.net/~gmattson/video/streaming.html ), right? That's @ abcisp.net, not at uechi-ryu.com.

This server has huge gigabit connections to main internet backbones like Time Warner, Verio, Cogent, Williams, etc. If you have cable or dsl and aren't experiencing any client-side difficulties, everything should download at a quick rate. Please let me know if this isn't the case -- I'll look into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:58 am 

Ted,

Thanks, the cookie problem seems solved. The video issue I know is on Meganet's servers. They were really fast up until, it seems, this week. However, I want to confirm it is slow for everyone and not just me before I ask Meganet what's up.

Scott