Microsoft squeezes the orange too much -- to their detriment

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Deep Sea

Microsoft squeezes the orange too much -- to their detriment

Post by Deep Sea »

As I’ve mentioned, I’m totally unhappy with Microsoft’s new suite of products from Windows XP to their new office.

I got hit with another one a few minutes ago which tells me that possibly my new “office” is soon to become totally useless, and am letting you know I wish I was aware of this before I made the purchase, and if so I would never have wasted my money.

When I access word it tells me that the signature is not valid or has expired and provides additional messaging letting me know that my internet security is too tight for them.

Already this word is beginning to act cantankerous.

Do I need to let my shields down, like remove my any-virus protection and remove my firewall so that my computer can communicate with Microsoft? And what for? So all kinds of mal-o-net can attack my pc and cas=use more of the same damage that occurred last August that I am STILL trying to fix and recover?

Are we becoming cyber-slaves to Microsoft? Do they want to know our every little keystroke?

As far as I’m concerned this is a real invasion of privacy and any number I found to reach them is not toll free.

One at the time, and slowly, but steadily they are tapping in the coffin nails on themselves.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen

Post by Guest »

any news on the OS by Apple for PC's?
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Your problems with Office, Allen, are one of the main reasons I use WordPerfect, and only use Word/Office 97 when I need to share files with someone else.

On a somewhat unrelated note: How good a browser are the current versions of Netscape and Mozilla, compared to IE? I, too, am running up against "weirdness" relating to operability b/c of my security features.

Gene
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

Hi Gene.

I think Microsoft peaked out at Windows2000, Office2000, and Internet Explorer whatever the latest version is. I still prefer IE over every other browser except for one I wrote a couple of years ago.

Outlook really ***** because it seems to capture all the worms, tojans, viruses, etc.

If you're reunning either NT or Windows 2000 then look elsewhere for security weirdness.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”