Newfoundland Millionaire

Share your best jokes. (I'll have to make Susan the moderator of this one!)
Mary S

Newfoundland Millionaire

Post by Mary S »

Jarge appeared on the Newfoundland version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire", and towards the end of the program, Jarge had already won $500,000.00.

"You've done very well so far Jarge", said the TV show's emcee, but for $1,000,000.00, Jarge, you've only got one lifeline left, and that's phone-a-friend. Everything is riding on this question will you go for it?"

"Sure," said Jarge. "I'll have a go!"

"OK. The question is: Which of the following birds does NOT build it's own nest? A Robin, a Sparrow, a Cuckoo, or a Thrush."

"I don't got a clue," said Jarge, "So I'll use me last lifeline and phone me friend, Buddy, back home in Come-Bye-Chance."

The TV show's emcee got Buddy on the line, and Jarge told him the circumstances and repeated the question to him.

"Jarge!" cried Buddy. "Dat's just simple 'ting to answer.... I know dat one .... It's a Cuckoo!!!!!!!"

"Are ye sure, Buddy?" asked Jarge.

"Yup, I'm sure," replied Buddy.

Jarge thanked Buddy, and hung up the phone, then told the TV show's emcee, "I'll go with Cuckoo as me answer."

"Is that your final answer?" asked the emcee.

"Yup, dat it is, Sir", replied Jarge.

There was a long, long pause, then the emcee screamed, "Cuckoo is the correct answer! Jarge, you've just won $1,000,000.00!"

The next night, Jarge invited Buddy to their local pub to buy him a drink, to thank him and celebrate his win.

"Tell me, Buddy?" asked Jarge, "How in God's name did ye know it was the cuckoo that don't build its own nest? I mean ye don’t know anyting about birds."
"Fer heaven’s sake!" laughed Buddy."Everybody knows a cuckoo lives in a clock!"

Return to “Laugh a little..Live longer!”