Allergies.

Homeopathic systems - Emotional/Mental remedies - Meditation - Focus - Self Confidence -Crystal Therapy - QiGung - Diet - Life-Skills and lots more. Check it out!
C. J. Rupert Juta

Allergies.

Post by C. J. Rupert Juta »

Allergies can cause anything from minor discomfort to complete debilitation with an elevated temperature. Anti-histamines sometimes lead to poor concentration or drowsiness, so people use Homeopathic remedies which have no side-effects at all. Here are some guidelines:

Hives, hot burning itches, little jabs, crawling itches, bee stings, swollen stings, puffiness, reactions to seeds or pollens: Apis mellifica

Prevention or treatment of sneezes and watering eyes in hay cutting season or grass seeding season: Homeopathic Mixed pollens and grasses.

Itches: Urtica urens

Red weals from contact with bamboo, creosote, cat fur, chemicals etc: Histaminum, or Urtica urens

Urticarea from damp, tiny red itchy spots, wheezes, coughs, phlegm: Urtica urens or Dulcamara

Burning skin: Arsenicum album

Before coming into contact with allergy-causing substances: Histaminum
Mary S

Post by Mary S »

Interesting thread. I suffered from allergies (caused by food colouring) for a while which worsened due to a build-up of histamine in my body and caused severe hives both on my skin and internally in my throat and mouth.

I remember being treated with a few homeopathic remedies during this very uncomfortable time while we tried to figure out the cause and while they lessened the annoyance of the hives, eventually the only thing that helped was a strict diet of foods containing little or no food colour and anti-histamine.

Could you please list the do's and don'ts of the remedies you have listed here....for instance, I know that it is recommended that one stay away from coffee and scented products while using Arsenicum Album. Thanks :)
C. J. Rupert Juta

Storing remedies.

Post by C. J. Rupert Juta »

Food allergies are now almost endemic, it seems to me. There are a number of different remedies for food intolerances, but I always suggest finding the offending thing and eliminating it from one's diet. The preservatives in some wines and some beers, and the additives in some breads are now regularly brought to my notice as causing allergic reactions.

Ideally, remedies should be stored in cool, dry places, perhaps a drawer. The area should be free of any strong smells or volatile substances which might affect the remedies. They should not be kept near celphones or microwaves, and should never be exposed to bright sunlight nor moisture. It has been suggested that some household cleaners, perfumed cosmetics and tioletries, mints, aromatherapy oils like peppermint, camphor, eucalyptus, rosemary, thyme and lavender, may affect the action of remedies. It has also been suggested that coffee may neutralise some of the effect of remedies.

One should not handle the pillules any more than necessary, preferrably flicking them under the tongue from the cap. It is also traditionally recommended that no food or drinks be taken for around 10 minutes before or after taking a remedy.

However, I have been experimenting for some years with these remedies and find that some work perfectly well even when taken with coffee, or when mixed with food or a drink. They also work very well, sometimes, when the recipient does not know he is taking them. For instance, the terribly wrought up businessman whose wife puts Lycopodium in his drinks the night before ultra-stressful meetings, and in the morning his fears have vanished and he goes off with a big grin.

Return to “Healing Arts”