...if violence knocks and politeness answers?

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Valkenar

Post by Valkenar »

Dana Sheets wrote: And Justin - I got your feedback and will have a couple of follow up questions for you.
Okay, that's good. I was beginning to wonder if I'd offended you or something. :)
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Nah - I'll tell if that ever happens. I just got a little buried trying to catch up at work. :mrgreen: Silly work.
Did you show compassion today?
miked

Link to entire article

Post by miked »

http://www.debraannedavis.com/essay_angel.html

Here is the free link to the entire article.

Mike D.
Los Angeles
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Thanks Mike.

I wonder if she'd be open to writing a piece and her perspectives now...a few more years out.

-d
Did you show compassion today?
miked

Post by miked »

Dana,

This woman has shared the fact that she has changed her behaviors. I am doubtful that she would revert back to old habits.

As for our students and daughters, are we passing down vital information so that they may nbe able to stand up to such horror?

I had one female student that simply would not wake up to the potential harm that might come her way. She had trouble bringing out the "lioness". After fruitless effort, I just had to resort to an old-fashioned slap in the face.
Well, that did it and despite my larger size and strength she was all over me like an very angry lioness. After that incident, I knew she would be OK if she stuck to her training.

All the best,

Mike D.
Los Angeles

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”