Pre-Emptive Techniques in Kata

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Powerfull focus.

It as to be ,or it would be virtually impossible to study one kata for long enough to reap any value ,I had to hammer this specific nail home in these posts to do justice for internalizing pre-emptive movements .
Once we have aquired focus we would now feel it within our movements ,there would now be present ;a driving force ,this may appear trivial but its vital to the methods progress .
The driving force for one kata only is a very different type of driving force ,so again this is why I spend time in this area .
So now we a have a driving force that as been learning to seize the moment ,to pre-empt .
max ainley
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Max,

Doing kata is an individual study. A student may imagine that they're pre-empting but without an actual attacker they can't really be developing their timing and reflexes...or can they?
Did you show compassion today?
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Hi Dana ,

It is possible to fight direct from the kata alone ,we have touched upon this before ,yet the seizing abilites are in the kata itself .actual fights test this obviously.

Bringing a bunkai into matters reinforces again what we have apprehended in the kata ,when its introduced though would vary with advancement in solo work .
Think about this ,lets say I focus upon nothing but the kata movements for 4 years ,1 no kata ,this is pretty strong focus yes/no ,how I work the kata movements is a further story ,the seed of taking the initative is within the strong initial focus structure .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Lets go back a number of posts Ref; habits .Our habits are ex amount ,are we fully aware of them all,? plus ones that are underway maybe through influence from new people .The method .... stands as a contrast to this background ,the seed to reading this is in the kata method I relate ,"know thy self " is being partial internalized due to the heavy focus build up to 1 no kata ,this brings the habitual self more into perspective against the focused method ,this is being programed in ,now unless we live a hermit life style ,we will make contact with people ;reading material for this focus .
But this initial reading is within the framework of movement ,and gradually a emotional framework will gel with any and all manner of habitual movements .
we are gradually or sharply seeing more of our own self ,so in turn more will be seen of others .
Now attack the solo kata ,and a pound to penny a element of these reading abilites will have kicked in ,this brings us back to the fact that the movements are internalized to a certain level by a total comittment to movement alone .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

This method of working the kata the time factors involved just arn't be practiced in this manner nowadays ,so the whole programming is different .
When we learn to devote our time to the moment ,a singlness of focus as made us realize this fact ,pre-empting is always seizing the inititive within the moment ,so if this is were we are now beginning to apprehend ,opportunities will start to become ours ,such as now I see more within the moment ,old habitual habits lacked focus, so lots of things just were not apprehended ,this is one reason why we will hold back internalizing for another day /week/year etc, we are our own worst enemies .
To internalize quicker ,ruthless culls must be made on baggage we carry ; such as I like to put my feet up for far too long ,always putting of input till later ,even though I study sanchin I am left or right hand bias ,habitually in all i do ,I disipline myself " Now thyself" I work harder on the movements now realizing balance must seep into all I do ,Which is the stronger focus to one kata or life's habitual ways that arn't fuitfull ,I know the more I see of myself the faster I will see into others .

To focus like this offers natural instinctive clearer views of our selves ,but for this topic faster acsess to others ,all this is in the kata method devoted to 1 no .
Think about it .
max ainley

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”