Les Sandans

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Dana Sheets

Les Sandans

Post by Dana Sheets »

Heather and I just enjoyed a much needed, beautiful and relaxing vacation in the Red Rocks of Sedona AZ. And we just couldn't believe it when we saw the restaurant in the third photo. We didn't stay to eat but we just had to pose for a photo our being third degree black belts and all. :lol:

Did you show compassion today?
2Green

Post by 2Green »

That's AWESOME!!

You two look GREAT!

What was the restaurant's version of what the sign meant?

Did you clue them in, or just let the irony go unmentioned? (I'm guessing you let it go unmentioned.)

And of course, WHO took the picture?!

NM
Mills75

Les Sandans

Post by Mills75 »

Hope it doesn't mean you get third degree burns from tasting the food there cause it's so hot and spicy lol..

:D
Jeff

Post by Guest »

ah... Sedona... used to go there all the time.

Did you go to the rattlesnake eatery on the main strip?

Did you try the payote? :wink:
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

The gentleman who took the picture was actually starting to check into the hotel was happy to step back outside and snap the photo for us. I'm not sure how happy his family was to wait in the car but he was very gracious.

He did ask about the meaning of the sign and when we told him seemed a little...confused. But that's OK - we were just happy to have someone take our picture.

:D

And no peyote this trip - just margaritas as big as our heads!
Last edited by Dana Sheets on Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you show compassion today?
Akil Todd Harvey

Desert Sun

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

awfully warm in that desert this time of year dana.........but its a dry heat........thanks for the pm, although it may not seem like it, it was most helpful......

Can we assume the temperature beat 100 degreees f on a daily basis?

i used to be very afraid of the desert (growing up in the new england region-blizzrds didnt bother me), but have grown to really love it....at night, in winter, outside of the hottest time of year....although I was at palm springs for a day just last month with my in law father and wife's brother (they were visiting from singapore and had been complaining how cool it had been where we were at the coast.......I dragged em to palm springs for a day; they stopped complaining about the cool weather real quick.......

I kept reminding them it was a "DRY HEAT", but that didnt make much difference........
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
2Green

Post by 2Green »

The lizard in me envies the locale.

Farthest South I've been is Anaheim, CA. Didn't want to come back...love the dry heat.

Someday want to see the Grand Canyon too. Oh, and, the rest of the world as well...!

Another Lotto ticket, please...

NM

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”