Shoken to the foot?

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

JimHawkins

Post by JimHawkins »

Dana Sheets wrote:yep, that's the second one being discussed in the last few posts.
That move is also in WCK’s third form Bui Jee, which is WCK's 'emergency form.' Most of the moves in this form address less than ideal situations, such as positions of disadvantage that your opponent puts you in – it’s called the ‘emergency form.’. This is not a very familiar move to me but the way I've seen this done is like this...

The opponent moves into you with forward pressure perhaps binding you up from the outside as in grabbing onto your upper arms, sleeves, or even lapels on each side pushing you backwards but the center is open.

In this move you fire two hands out seizing say his shirt, coat, etc around the chest area and using rotational full body torque you violently go with his energy yanking him around to the side as you turn the your body sideways. This uses his energy to off balance him and get him to start moving past you, as you pivot and face him. If you turn say to the right, then just as you convert his energy to a 'go around' movement at the three o'clock position this move converts the right hand into a weird right handed very tight inside hooking shoken that uses, now reverse rotation to fire the shoken into somewhere in his side/mid body area, like the floating rib perhaps.

So you receive his energy, go with him, turning with much torque to the right then use the opposite body rotation and torque to fire the tight shoken into his momentum and body which then converts to rising higher strike.

Am sure there are more options here but that’s what I’ve seen.

When I get a chance I'll see if I can find any more info on some of these 'sister moves.'
Shaolin
M Y V T K F
"Receive what comes, stay with what goes, upon loss of contact attack the line" – The Kuen Kuit
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

That would be groovy.
Did you show compassion today?

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”