False Accusations And The Child Abuse Lie

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Akil Todd Harvey

False Accusations And The Child Abuse Lie

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

The following are portions of a larger article (too large for this forum-nine pages long) that have been cut and pasted here. the entire article can be found at http://nzmera.orcon.net.nz/5chdabus.html#2002
Western societies have been put into a state of collective paranoia about child sex abuse by men. This near-hysteria has been induced by the media: they lapped up the Feminists' anti-male propaganda and passed it on to the rest of us, who perhaps naively believed the media would not lie to us. In fact, until relatively recently, when I started taking an interest in the subject, like most people I believed "Child Abuse" and "Child Sex Abuse" were the same thing, though they are not.

Some therapists have encouraged adult patients to attribute a vast range of symptoms to suppressed memories of men sexually abusing them as children. Mothers have also used accusations of child abuse increasingly as a weapon in child custody disputes, according to World Wide Divorced Parents (members.xoom.com/WWDD/false.htm). Women have nothing to lose from using this tactic to gain sole custody and/or restrict the father's access to his children, since no proof, by the standards of the criminal court, is required for such allegations in the divorce court. Nor are they likely to be prosecuted for making false allegations of this kind – by the standards of proof required by the criminal court, it would be very hard to prove the allegations were false. So men are found guilty on the basis of mere, unproven allegations in the divorce/family court – and their accusers are immune from prosecution, because any prosecution for perjury would require actual proof !

It is important to protect children, but we need to achieve a balance between protecting society from sex abusers, and protecting innocent people from manufactured memories of abuse in childhood produced in adult minds by Feminist counsellors.
An even more important issue here is the possible censorship of inconvenient data. The last year the Statistical Abstract of the United States reported the sex of perpetrators of Child Maltreatment was for 1986 (in the 1992 edition). In that year, 55.9 pecent of reported perpetrators were female. Moreover, in every previous year, females made up the majority of reported perpetrators. Why did they begin omitting the statistics from post-1992 editions of the Statistical Abstract? Did Feminists intercede because it made women look bad and, as we all know, only men are supposed to be the bad guys in western societies today?
In the 11 years from 1976 to 1986 (inclusive), the percentage of perpetrators who were female ranged from a high of 61.9 percent in 1979 to low of 55.9 percent in 1985 and 1986. The tendency has been downwards, beginning the period with 61 percent in 1976, and ending the period with 55.9 percent in 1986. It is tempting to link this to the increase in reported child sexual abuse, where most alleged perpetrators would have been male. It is also noticeable that the balance between the sex of victims was 50:50 in 1976, but the proportion became more and more weighted towards female victims, who made up 52.5 percent by 1986. This is also consistent with the influence on the figures of the reporting of the hyped-up crime of child sexual abuse, where most alleged victims would have been female.

This general scenario is given additional support by data from the Administration for Children and Families, Department of Health and Human Services of the United States in Table 28 (www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/cb/stats/ncands96/table28.htm), which indicates women committed 60.7 percent of all child abuse, and Sexual Abuse accounted for only 15.3 percent of the cases. In the United States, clearly most cases of child maltreatment are non-sexual in nature, most perpetrators of child maltreatment are female, and the government bureaucracies and a politically correct media are covering up these facts. A perfect environment for Feminists to use the issue of child sexual abuse as an anti-male propaganda weapon in their war against men.
For example, I know someone who phoned up a Social Welfare Department anonymously, because he was worried that his female partner was sexually molesting their infant son.2 Almost the first thing the female social worker asked was, "Did the boy get erections at such times?" He apparently did, but what has that got to do with it? When they convict men for molesting young girls, I'm sure they don't ask irrelevant questions like, "Did the girl's nipples get hard at such times?"
Feminist propaganda depicts women as victims of males. This message is drummed into us with an efficiency that would have made Goebbels proud. Society's learned propensity to treat males as abusers and females as victims, however, has turned all males into potential victims of false accusations. I've heard many male lawyers are growing more paranoid as well – some have a policy of never giving a bath to their children, in case they are later accused of sex abuse in court if their marriage breaks up.
so, now the guys are afriad to bathe their own children. how will that affect the desire to share family chores?
There is an apparent double-standard at work in the education system in New Zealand – and probably in all Western countries: men are judged more harshly than women for similar behaviours. For example, a woman teacher who admitted having sex with some of her male students was not refused a renewal of her registration as a teacher, because her school did not lodge a complaint against her, and she was, moreover, able to get another teaching job ! Her only excuse, on television, was that the boys were attractive ! It is impossible to imagine a male teacher being treated with that sort of leniency. So it is not surprising that the overwhelming majority ( about 90%) of New Zealand teachers who were refused a renewal of their registration in the year 2000 were males !
Another common context for false accusations of child sexual abuse is in divorce and separation proceedings. Typically, the mother accuses the father of sexually molesting one or more of the children. No proof is required; the mere accusation is sufficient to virtually guarantee the court will award sole custody of the children to the mother. Such accusations should have to be proved in court before having any effect on custody decisions.
As a New Zealand magazine observed, "Even though it involves the taking of life, probably no other crime is treated so sympathetically by our legal system as infanticide."4 ... The magazine described the case of a mother who was sentenced to two years' supervision for infanticide. If a man had committed that crime, he would have received a twenty-year sentence. Men get much longer sentences just for rape – when no loss of life is involved. The difference is, of course, that a woman is always treated as a victim, even if she is a criminal.
As Thomas (1993) says, infanticide is a terminal form of child abuse. He cites figures from the U.S.A. which show it is committed mainly by women (55.7 percent of cases) on male children (53.7 percent of cases). He notes this is exactly the opposite of the picture painted by the Feminist-dominated media. Infanticide receives very little publicity compared to sexual abuse. But most people would agree infanticide is a much more serious crime than sexual abuse. After experiencing sexual abuse, after all, at least you're still alive!

Lyndon (No More Sex War: The Failures of Feminism, London: Sinclair-Stevenson, 1992) cites figures from England and Wales in 1989 for the ages of murder-victims (excluding aborted fetuses). The "Under 1" age-group, with 28 victims per million population, is by far the largest group. The next largest group stands at 16 victims per million population – but that covers the 14 years between the ages of 16 and 29 (inclusive) – not just twelve months, as the "Under 1" group does.

Most of those babies are murdered by their mothers. Many of them are beaten to death. The crime is not counted as murder. It exists in the separate category of infanticide. The perpetrators are accorded special treatment in the courts and are most unlikely to be sentenced to any long term of detention. (Lyndon 1992, pp 37-38)
Eugene Kanin (False Rape Allegations, Archives of Sexual Behavior, Vol.23, No. 1, 1994) studied rape allegations in a small US metropolitan community covering a 9-year period. In that period, he found that 41 percent of the rape allegations made were false – by the complainant's own admission! He states:

These false allegations appear to serve three major functions for the complainants: providing an alibi, seeking revenge, and obtaining sympathy and attention.

Similarly, []iFeminists have been perpetrating the myth children never lie in court about sexual abuse[/i]. This is just more Feminist propaganda. The article Liar! Liar! in the New Scientist of 14 February 1998 reports that three-year-old children are perfectly capable of skillfully hoodwinking other individuals, according to research carried out at the University of Portsmouth.

Moreover, when women lie, they generally go unpunished. For example, here is the opening paragraph of a news item about a false accusation:

A man has been acquitted of wounding a woman after police gave new evidence in the Court of Appeal that the woman's leg injury may have been self-inflicted.6

The article goes on to explain that a police officer had become aware that the complainant had previously made two false complaints of being slashed or cut by males. Did the police prosecute this woman for making a false complaint? No. Why not? Because she was a woman, of course !
The police say they don't like to prosecute people for making false complaints because it might have a "chilling effect" and put off people with genuine complaints. But you do see in the paper from time to time cases where the police have actually prosecuted people for making false complaints. How do they decide when to prosecute someone for making a false complaint? Are men more likely to be prosecuted for making a false complaint than women? I wrote to the police in my locale asking for details of their prosecutions for false complaints, according to the category of crime involved. They replied that they don't keep such statistics, they wouldn't compile them for me, nor would they let me go through their files to compile them myself.

Neither the Ombudsman nor the Police Complaints Authority would help. I am left with the impression there is something going on that should not be hidden.
In the year ended 31 December 1993, almost 40 percent of sexual violation cases were cleared as "no offence." That is, the police found that almost 40 percent involved false allegations.7 In actual numbers, 361 cases were in the "No Offence" category. And, of course, some of the 60 percent who were considered by the police to have committed the offence were acquitted in court later on. This means that a lot of women are lying to the police, and just in this one area of sexual violation alone. But do any of them get prosecuted for it? Probably not. Nor are they likely to stop until they are.
No one would like to be convicted for something they didn't do – but imprisonment is not the only way men suffer from the false accusations of some malicious woman. Another frequent consequence is the almost certain loss of custody of their children, and/or access on reasonable terms after divorce or separation. Not to mention the damage to their reputation, the public opprobrium and even witch-hunts they may suffer.

This is one reason for the growth in the international fathers' movement. Individual men are prepared to put up with a lot of unfairness and oppression, but once it starts cutting them off from their children, even the work will turn !
We need to achieve a balance between the needs of society to protect itself against sex abusers and rapists, and the need to protect innocent people from manufactured memories of supposed abuse in childhood produced in adult minds by Feminist counsellors, and false accusations of rape. And crimes that are typically committed by women – or which happen to be committed by individual women -- should not be treated any differently than those committed by men.
Last edited by Akil Todd Harvey on Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

This is a pretty unbalanced article and I'm not sure of your goal in posting it here. There has been a great deal of press and transparency related to the idea of "recovered memories" and how the vast majority of the early testimony offered under the aegis of this method was, mostly, fabricated.

Many psycological and law enforcement folks involved in the interrogations in the past were not properly trained in how to question individuals in a neutral fashion. Much of that is changing thanks to awareness and better training methods.

Sadly - emotions run high in child custody disputes as well as the stakes. Parents, by nature, will do anything to stay in contact with theri kids. Our society is particularly sensitive to this area right now in the wake of the Catholic church scandal as well as their finally being a way for individuals to express their past.

Finding the balance of truth in these cases will always be difficult. Whenever claims are made about what happens behind closed doors when no evidence is availalbe will remain a series of judgement calls.

Did you have any other goal in posting this article other than raising awareness?
Did you show compassion today?
Akil Todd Harvey

This is a pretty unbalanced article and I'm not sure of your goal in posting it here.
Hi dana,

the goal of the post is to raise awareness (I was told, again and again, by my mother, how important it is to raise awareness).........I have been doing research on feminism, the women's movement, the men's movement, & the father rights movement a lot lately.

Problems dont get solved until people are first aware of them.......and feminists talk all the time about fighting for gender equity, but that does not mean that they want things to be fair for men...........thus the silence whenever men's rights are violated (from the women's movement).....

Your claim is that this is not a balanced article.......feel free to prove your statements........

Although feminists seem to think that men shouldnt even be allowed to have groups advocating for their rights, more and more men are joining these groups and standing up for their rights.........
Did you have any other goal in posting this article other than raising awareness?
Well, heck yeah, but certainly awareness hasnt reached the level where it needs to be before we can do anything about it.......
Akil Todd Harvey

One of the unbalanced feminist articles I have found lately are as follows.......

http://www.livejournal.com/community/feminazis/
S.C.U.M. Manifesto
(Society for Cutting Up Men)
'We don't really cut men up...well, unless they deserve it'
Life in this society being, at best, an utter bore and no aspect of society being at all relevant to women, there remains to civic-minded, responsible, thrill-seeking females only to overthrow the government, eliminate the money system, institute complete automation and destroy the male sex.
The male is completely egocentric, trapped inside himself, incapable of empathizing or identifying with others, or love, friendship, affection of tenderness. He is a completely isolated unit, incapable of rapport with anyone. His responses are entirely visceral, not cerebral; his intelligence is a mere tool in the services of his drives and needs; he is incapable of mental passion, mental interaction; he can't relate to anything other than his own physical sensations. He is a half-dead, unresponsive lump, incapable of giving or receiving pleasure or happiness; consequently, he is at best an utter bore, an inoffensive blob, since only those capable of absorption in others can be charming. He is trapped in a twilight zone halfway between humans and apes, and is far worse off than the apes because, unlike the apes, he is capable of a large array of negative feelings -- hate, jealousy, contempt, disgust, guilt, shame, doubt -- and moreover, he is aware of what he is and what he isn't.
As stated in the "men are pigs" thread, Women can and do demonize men. note the lack of a single redeeming quality of men in the above paragraph..........sure sounds like the exact same gender stereotyping that women have been complaining (legitimately) about for years (and enlisting the help of men in combatting these gender stereotypes).........

Coming Next.......some real unbalanced articles by men about women (that I dont support but that raise issues that require adressing)...
Last edited by Akil Todd Harvey on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akil Todd Harvey

Dana,

As a means of comparison (not because I like this article-I think it is offensive and over the top), I have included it to compare how balanced or unbalanced it is in contrast to the first article posted (that you said was unbalanced)......PS, as far as I am concerned, most, if not all feminist literature is unbalanced. It is swayed in the direction of women without any concern for men. feminists assume that that which is good for women is also good for men. That might not seem fair when you consider how little feminists like men to speak for them.

http://www.equaljustice.ca/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=28535
Put on Your Bras, Shave Your Armpits, and Quit Your Bitching.

Why do so many women insist on carrying out this war against men? Absolute gender equality isn't going to happen; we have gender equality now. Even if in a million years, men and women somehow made this unrealistic ideal happen, there will always be a sexual distinction between men and women causing some sort of inequality (if only on the level of basic physical needs). Or should I say women and men, as not to imply a male superiority? Why the hell should people go out of their way to be politically correct and use this "he/she" nonsense so a few chicks with language complexes won't be offended? Oops, I said "chicks". Damn.

Why the hell do women get offended when they're called chicks? I don't see how that word can be remotely offensive in anyway. But, some women think it's derogatory and belittling. Some women are so petty, that they resent any male implication in the english language. Who cares? What if guys suddenly felt like bitching and wanted to eradicate all the derogatory male phrases from the language? Buster, Pal, Buddy, Stud, Hunk. Oooh, don't call me a buster, I'll be offended.

Who's to say what's offensive anyway? Just because a few feminist extremists think that something's offensive, does the whole society have to change their way of doing things? I don't want mother nature being called mother nature anymore, but rather father nature. I don't want ships to be referred to as female anymore, but rather male. The phrase "she's a good ship" offends me. I don't want liberty to be a lady. Why does it have to be lady liberty? Why do people say "she's beautiful" when referring to cars? Why not he? Who cares? It's just the way things have always been. It's not meant to be offensive, so why doesn't the offended party pull their head out of their ass, and stop bitching about it.
Feminism is in a lot of ways like fascism. Your average Fascist will disregard any scientific argument unless the conclusion supports his existing belief. The ideology comes first and the Fascist looks for anything to back it up, no matter how trivial, unreliable or discredited. Much like today's feminists and their ideology. Fascists attempt to rationalize their beliefs and portray them as truth by twisting the facts. A fascist might, for example, cast blame for unemployment and work discontent on immigrants "stealing" their jobs. Feminists similarly cast blame for women's lower average pay onto another party (men). Both feminists and fascists are quick to cast blame on someone else for anything that goes wrong in their lives. Most feminists seem to conform to feminist stereotypes. I can usually pick out a feminist in a croud of women. She'll usually have short hair, regular pants, a regular shirt, and an unbathed look; she'll look very much like a stereotypical guy. I think why a feminist might appear like this is to make a statement that "if men can do it and be accepted, then women should be able to". How bold, to go around and look like a stereotypical guy as opposed to a stereotypical girl. Who cares? Either way, you're an ass for thinking anybody cares about the statement you're making. If you're trying to prove a point to the average guy that's only concerned with women as sex objects, you're wasting your time. A guy that's concerned with women as sex objects is going to be concerned with women as sex objects regardless of how you look. Not every woman will share feminist ideals, so a possible argument that "if all women did it, then guys would have to respect us" isn't very realistic. If you really want to make a point, surgically remove your breasts. Or is that going too far? Feminism serves as nothing more than a wedge to further seperate the sexes, segregating men and women into cultures that wouldn't otherwise exist.
The above article, while over the top, has some slivers of truth hidden within. Half the problem, though, is that the article is so objectionable to women (perhaps I am putting words in yoru mouths-feel free to make your opinion known) that now we cannot even sit down and try to solve the "problem" (assuming that we are in some sort of agreement regarding the "problem")..........

For example, much of feminist rhethoric is over the top itself. Most feminist literature is full of blame and ideology. Men are all bad and women are all good. Reality is somewhere in between...........if men;s groups pretend that all women are bad and all men are good, I realize that that is not a viable solution.

I may be unbalanced (you decide), but I think that some women are good, some are bad, and some men are good and some men are bad.....Gender stereotyping is bad no matter who does it (women dont get a "free pass" to denigrate all men just cuz some of us do bad things)....[/quote]
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

For centuries women were regarded as property and still are in many parts of the world. Women's rights really got going at the turn of the 19th century in the West and hit their heyday in the 1960's-80's. In the last few years there is, as you put it, a nascent movement on the part of men's and father's rights groups to counter some of the propoganda of some of the militant feminist groups and raise awareness of the continued need to address men in society.

Anytime the pendulum swings too far one way the group on the other side that benefited from how the world was prior to the change will push it back towards the center. At least now there can be pushing on both sides - that was pretty much missing for a long, long time.

The modern problem is that the center has moved and nobody is quite sure what to do about it. Women are (and in particular this woman) not going to back to being silent pieces of property. So the center must now be redefined and that will happen through the tension between the extreme groups who advocate on either end and the centrist groups that advocate for the well-being of people in general while understanding that there are gender differences.

I would find it much more helpful if, in the future, when you post an article about a certain topic outside of martial arts directly you take the time to frame your debate, even if your framework is "I'd like folks to say what they think about this." Otherwise you're lobbing out an empty volley and no context. It is kind of like setting a fire and running away to see what ignites. I think it is better to pick a specific point you want to discuss.

I mean that first article raises about a dozen different issues - it has taken several posts to figure out just what you wanted to discuss. Some may be tempted, as I have in the past on some of your other topics, to just skip it because it just a long article pulled out of context. It is the context of social issues, it is through discussion that we can raise awareness of important issues, strive for transparency, and try to figure out what can be done - that discussion starts best with a specific question.
cxt

Post by cxt »

Akil

On this issue I agree, in part, the accusation of abuse is often used without regard for it accuracy in all sorts of situations.

However, just because this is the "women" and martial arts forum, that does not mean that this is the best place to discuss it.
While it does pertain to women it does not pertain to "women and the marial arts."

Perhaps the "tough issues" forum would be a better place?

In any case, the volume of the quoted material--coming from so many different sources, levels of academic quality and overall conclusion make it difficult to discuss.

Perhaps it would be a better use of time to pick one article/outlook/concept and deal with it very throughly than to deal superfically (sp) with many?

Thoughts?
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Also posting topic threads of multiple words in all caps in kind of annoying. It looks like shouting online. Please just use regular title case in the future for longer thread titles.

Thanks,
Dana
Akil Todd Harvey

the accusation of abuse is often used without regard for it accuracy in all sorts of situations.
but that doesnt make it a worthy subject........

martial arts is a reaction to abuse or hopefully, a preparation for abuse (so as to avoid it).....

and while i am 100% supportive of women being prepared, I have to wonder if false accusations of abuse is exactly what we need to know about.......
Last edited by Akil Todd Harvey on Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cxt

Post by cxt »

Akil

No, that was me AGREEING with you as to the seriousness of the topic.

Still does not mean that this is the best place to discuss it though.
A better spot would be the "tough issues" section.

I also suggested that given the wide range of the academic quality of the articles you posted, it might be better to pick one or two and discuss their conclusion in detail rather than cover many articles in shallow fashion.
IJ

Post by IJ »

Akil, count to ten. Relax. You posted what can only be called a rant, complaining repeatedly about extremists comments against men as if they were generally relevant, and posted stuff that compares "androphobia" to the holocaust, in which, I remind you, some 11 million jews, gypsies, other minorities, people of the wrong religion or sexual orientation, and other undesirables and dissidents were killed in gas chambers or shot in an attempt to exterminate the entire group.

This kind of crazy hyperbole comes off as demeaning to people who've actually been through a holocaust, and as an accusation when posted to a bunch of ridiculously nice people who visit the women's forum here on the cyberdojo, considering especially that we all, with few exceptions, consider the other posters FRIENDS.

This isn't the way to start a discussion on gender relationships. The most obvious way to approach these kinds of posts is with a retort, and how would that help? It wouldn't and you'll see no one took the bait. The second way is to try and frame a useful question or discussion topic from that which people HAVE, and you took it as a personal attack and said you would leave. Everyone is being nice to you, and none of them are responsible for any personal trauma to you or any society wide injustice against men, to my knowledge. What are they supposed to do, denounce the quotes, or apologize for them, or what? They have nothing to do with fringe feminism.

Someone could easily post something equivalent, full of inflammatory quotes, to the "Islam and the Martial Arts" forum, if there was one. It'd be more appropriate, even, because extreme sentiments are more prevalent in islamic nations than "androphobia" is here, and those people REALLY ARE out to kill us. And how would you feel if someone did that?
--Ian
Akil Todd Harvey

Howdy folks,

I am toning down some of my rhethoric ...

sorry Dana about the various rules infractions....I have tried to fix some of them .......

feel free to move threads where needed as you are the moderator (or at least one of them).........and moderate as needed......delete posts or inflamatory words as needed......you have my permission (and I have done so where possible and appropriate.....

ATH
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Thanks.

Really some of the issues do bear discussion - but how they are discussed is important.

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”