Okikukai Seminar?

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Mills75

Post by Mills75 »

Thanks Ben and yeah I bet the time with Mr. McRae was very cool. Hope you can get back up with him some time in the future.

Jeff :D
Jeff

Master Thompson

Post by Guest »

My son's current Sensei is Sensei Ernie Sumpter in Philadelphia. Sensei Sumpter is aligned with Master Thompson. Justin got his Sandan from Master Thompson four years ago and my daughter-in-law told me last night Justin will be driving to Kalamazoo in November to test for Yondan.

Keep working, guys. It eventually pays off. :wink: He has a 5 mo. old daughter to protect :!:
chef

Post by chef »

Happy Belated Birthday, Jeff. 30, aah yes, a very good year. At 30, you fnally feel like you know a little something about life and are enjoying the journey. May you have 30+30 years more....and grow in wisdom.

Always,
Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"

Post by Guest »

Vicki,

have you read Jeff's book? He's a deep guy!

Jeff, you ever took a crack at "Open Mic"? I bet you'd wow 'em man! Like "hee hee... dig that Krazy kat"!

chef

Post by chef »

No, I haven't yet, Tony. I will see about getting a copy. What is the name of it and what is the subject matter. I do remember Tony mentioning that his girlfriend liked the poetry. Is your book from a humorous perspective, Jeff? Obviously hurmor if Tony suggested you doing 'open mic'. Anything like our Canadian friend Duncan's humor? He did improv at one time.

How do I get a copy of it?

Wow, good for you, Jeff....you wrote a book. That is a pretty daunting prospect for anyone. You go, boy!

Love to get a copy. Send me some information.

Regards to all and an even better weekend to you all,
Vicki

Post by Guest »

Check out this thread Vicki:

http://forums.uechi-ryu.com/viewtopic.p ... 48&start=0

I'm gonna get a bunch of 'em around Xmas time and give to my friends...
chef

Post by chef »

John, I recently found my Uechi red book and was looking at some autographs from my first test in front of Master Uechi back over a decades ago. I had misplaced that book for quite a while.

I also had some signatures from 2001, I think my Shodan test. Your signature was in that book. Interesting! I wish I could put a face to that name. Test board: Bill Glasheen, Rik Lostritto, Nestor Foltay, Shelly Dunn, Ernie Sumpter (either he came for the Regional or was on the test board).

Can't remember whether Ernie was at my Shodan test....actually on the board or not. You must have come with him. What a great guy he is and very talented students as well. My test was at fitness center where Nestor Foltay's taught. Hmm, this perplexes me.

I was the only candidate testing, followed by a Regional get-together.

Just wanted to share that with you.

Regards,
Vicki
chef

Post by chef »

I can't seem to down load it.....darn pops somehow caught a ride and are slowing everything down. I can't even see what I have typed until moments later (something called Search Inqwire and ad.yieldmanager). I can't get rid of them.....drives me crazy. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :evil:

Later guys,
Vicki

Post by Guest »

Yeah, it looks likehttp://www.publishamerica.com is down right now. Wait until it comes up and then do a site search for "jeff Miller"
chef

Post by chef »

Thanks, Tony, will do.

Later dude,
Vicki

Post by Guest »

Mills75

Post by Mills75 »

Oh thanks a bunch Vicki and Tony and all you guys for the support with my writing it's nice to know so thanks a bunch and best wishes as always. :D

Jeff :D
Jeff

Post by Guest »

No problem Jeff... when you win the nobel peace prize, remember who your friends where! :D

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”