Shihan Mary Boltz - new DVD

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

John Giacoletti

Shihan Mary Boltz - new DVD

Post by John Giacoletti »

I came across this on e-Bay, which I check regularly for new Uechi material or offerings of previously issued books, tapes and/or memorabilia.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
In this dynamic dvd, Shihan Bolz teaches all 23 sets of Yakusoku Kumite
(2 man pre-arranged fighting sets) of Pang Gai Noon Ryu Karate-Do. These sets are the requirements for 4th kyu to Sandan(3rd Degree Black Belt).

Pang Gai Noon Ryu is the original name of Uechi Ryu Karate Okinawa. Pang Gai Noon Ryu has its roots in the system of kung fu which the founder, Uechi Kanbun Sensei (1877-1948) learned while in Fukien Province in China around 1897 - 1907. Uechi Kanbun Sensei moved to Wakayama, Japan and taught his system there and called it
"Pang Gai Noon" from the Japanese "kanji" meaning "half hard-soft."

The best video series on Pang Gai Noon Ryu Karate-Do!

Shihan Mary Bolz has been training in the martial arts for 26 years and is a direct student of Shihan Ken-ichi Tatara of Matsuyama, Japan (Wado Ryu Karate), of Nishiuchi Shihan (Pang Gai Noon Ryu, Okinawan Kobudo) and Kaicho Kinjo (Pang Gai Noon Ryu, Okinawan Kobudo). She is a 5th Degree Black Belt in Pang Gai Noon Ryu Karate Do.

A must for the personal library of any serious martial artist!

Boltz and Mikio Nishiuchi have a Pang Gai Noon webpage which you can check out if you google "Pang Gai Noon." Nishiuchi has a very comprehensive series of Kobudo videos and remastered DVD's which I find to be very useful and instructive.

Ms. Boltz is a Godan and obviously one of the senior women in the realm of Uechi administrations. I am looking forward to seeing what she has in her Yakusoku Kumite drills.

I find that the women in our school's brown and black belt classes generally like the structured two-person sparring drills. The graduated approach to free-sparring allows them to focus on fighting techniques while building confidence, timing, distancing, and conditioning reaction skills. They end up being more accomplished students than some of the men who want to dominate a fight with power and athletic ability.
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Hi John,

Thanks for the link. You can also still order the DVD direct from Century.
Did you show compassion today?

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”