Trained or untrained:should you resist a mugger?

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

2Green

Trained or untrained:should you resist a mugger?

Post by 2Green »

This came out of a response to another post...but what are your views, and why?
The music spoke to me. I felt compelled to answer.
J. Pukekohe

Post by J. Pukekohe »

Sensei Green , I believe you answered this question on another thread. You pointed out that it is possible to kill or die from one blow...depending on which end of the lethal strike you are on.

So why would one be willing to accept a beating from someone knowing that just one of those blows might be the end of things? I can't fathom a reason to take the risk...is there something I missed?

JP
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Has to be a judgement call

it varys on circumstance and individual .

How would I feel if I had a chance and didnt take it , and let some low life gain confidence enough to take advantage of someone with no chance .....

A friend of Mine was hassled for his money , a group of three , He was quite willing to empty his wallet , but when they asked for his boots he decided that was to much , and proceeded to adjust there views . Lets just say they received the boots .

having said that can I say everyone should fight back ? , my answer is if your being attacked yes , If it`s posturing for a few dollars maybe not worth it .

a serious look at oneself and ability and ones mindset , philosophy , spiirtuality ..... responsibilities ?
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

I agree that you can't know ahead of time - someone who wants my wallet, backpack, etc can have it. They want anything else from me or anyone with me then they've got a fight on their hands.

It should be something easier to remember...

hand over your stuff but never hand over you commitment to keep yourself safe and alive.
Did you show compassion today?
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

Definitely NEVER let an attacker drag or take you somewhere else. If he is holding a gun on you throw your wallet/ purse down.. but DO NOT let him take you to a less secluded place.

Why else would he want to be in a less conspicuos place but to do things like rape torture or kill.

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”