Sad news: Christopher Reeve's Widow Dies at Age 44

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

chef

Sad news: Christopher Reeve's Widow Dies at Age 44

Post by chef »

So very sad! Dana Reeves left behind a 13 year old son, who had to lose both of his parents within such a short time....lung cancer and she never smoked.

Story below:
http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?c ... reeve_full

At least she will be with the man she loved.

Regards,
Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Add to that the loss of Hall-of-Famer Kirby Puckett to a stroke - at age 45. Both their flames extinguished at far too young an age.

Never take life for granted! Every day is precious.

I distinctly remember an interview of the Reeves where Dana was entertaining the thought of having a second child, and this after "the accident" that left Christopher as a quad. Imagine the thought of a second even younger child losing both parents.

I was always impressed by Dana. I don't know many married spouses who would have stuck by their partner the way she did. At least from the outside, she seemed such a loyal, loving, and happy woman. Christopher chose well, and did well by her. Just think what the average half life is of a "normal" Hollywood relationship (if such a thing exists).

May they both rest in peace, and may their son have a happy life with fond memories of both his parents.

Bill
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Dana actually hosted a series of videos for us on Home Care back in 1997. She was kind and warm and giving - both in person and as the host.

It is a testament to their courage that they did not stand idly by - they instead stood out at the front of their health concerns and help to raise awareness, compassion, money, and support.
Did you show compassion today?

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”