Peaceful Warrior Movie

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Dana Sheets

Peaceful Warrior Movie

Post by Dana Sheets »

http://www.thepeacefulwarriormovie.com/
Synopsis
Dan Millman (Scott Mechlowicz) is a talented college gymnast with Olympic dreams. He has it all: trophies, teammates, fast motorcycles, fast girls and wild parties. Then Dan's world is turned upside down when he meets a mysterious stranger he calls Socrates (Nick Nolte), who holds the power to tap into new worlds of strength and understanding. After a serious injury, with the help of Socrates and an elusive young woman named Joy (Amy Smart), Dan discovers that he has much to learn and even more to leave behind before he can become a peaceful warrior and find his destiny. This moving tale about the power of the human spirit is based on Dan Millman's best-selling autobiographical novel, Way of the Peaceful Warrior.
Did you show compassion today?
John Giacoletti

Post by John Giacoletti »

I occassionally attend a Unity church. The film synopsis sounds much like the Spiritual Cinema series that organization sponsors once a month.

In our crass, materialistic world I welcome the opportunity now and then to get my spiritual batteries charged and this film seems like it might just do that.
There is much to make of every moment.

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”