Forum Critique

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Dana Sheets

Forum Critique

Post by Dana Sheets »

I'd like to go ahead and continue an open up critique of this forum and how it is run. I'm happy to hear from folks what they think might make it more successful. Below are a few initial suggestions made by a poster on Bill's forum.
a women's forum which has no participation by women.
It should be noted that this forum is not just for women. That's what the women's locker room is for.

The primary role of this forum is a place to disucss issues about women training in the martial arts by all interested posters. It also happens to be the place where I catalogue interesting bits of information and training methods.
the forums...are not properly marketed and entered in the spider search engines for "karate" entries in Google and other search methodologies
That's an interesting point. I'm not sure if it is something GEM is interested in looking into futher.
All that needs to be done is a few tuition swaps for example for inquires from newly enrolled women; solicitation from female spouses for the woman's point of view about the partner's participation; or contributions from senior women on how they see the role of women in karate and so on in addition to the google priority fix.
I'm not sure what role the tution swaps play in the above comment but the general spirit of the text is that there should be more active promotion of the forum, invitations to spouses to post, and active invitations to senior women in karate.

I think those last two are a pretty good starting point. We've had a few spouses post from tme to time though they haven't stuck around to be regular posters. As far as reaching out to senior women in karate - this is something I did a few years and a few did drop by for brief discusions though they didn't stick around. Perhaps we can developing something like a visiting lecturer series.

I'm also open to other thoughts folks might have that are written in a constructive manner.

-Dana
Did you show compassion today?
jorvik

Post by jorvik »

Very open minded of you Dana.

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”