old UVA website now new Glasheen website!

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Shana Moore

old UVA website now new Glasheen website!

Post by Shana Moore »

ALSO POSTED ON BILL GLASHEEN ROUNDTABLE FORUM:

Thanks to the support of Sensei Glasheen and the prior work of Dr. Ian Jenkins and Tim Ahearn, who authored the old UVa website, we've been able to create a website with lots of good information. As the UVa group no longer exists, this website will now be supported under Bill's club, Glasheen's Asian Arts. Hence, the website is:
www.glasheensasianarts.com

There is much to still be transcribed and put up, but the website is up and running. Thanks to everyone's patience, as I had to teach myself html in order to create this site, and it's been a fun learning experience!

Please check it out and I welcome any comments, suggestions, corrections, etc.

Please check out the "gratitudes" page, as there are many folks who have contributed and supported this effort. More to come!
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
tigereye

Re: old UVA website now new Glasheen website!

Post by tigereye »

Shana Moore wrote:
There is much to still be transcribed and put up, but the website is up and running. Thanks to everyone's patience, as I had to teach myself html in order to create this site, and it's been a fun learning experience!

Please check it out and I welcome any comments, suggestions, corrections, etc.
Hi Shana,

I would like to suggest you to use a CSS style sheet. It will make your site look more orgenized.
If I can help you out with one,please let me know.
Eva
Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

Eva,
The site is set up with a style sheet, so I'm not sure what I'm a missing; however, I am VERY new to html, so I am probably missing some of the finer points of design.

Suggestions welcome! Please PM me anytime!

Thanks for looking at the site, and I look forward to more detailed comments/suggestions! I'm open to learn more and better/cleaner ways to make this site work well!
Shana
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
tigereye

Post by tigereye »

Hi Shana,

Probable you have CSS for text but not for the page design. Or there is a CSS for the page design just not linked
to the page.
As I see the site has no header,no navigation area. All links are group on the top of the page.
Here you find a picture of the page I created.
If you would like to shape up your site as the sample bellow...than I will send you the necessary information.:wink:

Eva

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”