UVa rated #1 public school, the most for your money!!!

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

chef

UVa rated #1 public school, the most for your money!!!

Post by chef »

Cool! Hey, ladies, I am psyched, my daughter goes to UVa. Even though she is on a ROTC scholarship, it is pricey. I don't feel too badly though. USA Today and the Princeton Review announced that UVa was voted the number one public school in the country, giving you the most for you money.

Go UVa!! Whoohoo!

I think she will make me proud.

Article follows below:

Regards,
Vicki

UVA Tops List of Best Value Colleges

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 12:20 PM EST

Updated: Jan 8, 2009 05:53 PM EST

The University of Virginia is the number one public school in the country when it comes to getting the most bang for your buck. The Princeton Review released their report Thursday morning and UVA topped their list of 100 Best Value Colleges for 2009.

The rankings were based on academics, raw costs and financial aid. The fact that tuition for next year is hovering around $20,000 for in-state students, did not hurt Virginia.

In the rankings UVA was most successful in the financial aid category. Under their access UVA program, Virginia is able to meet 100 percent of a student’s financial need. They have made an annual commitment of $20 million in need based grants for undergraduates.

The availability of loans, work study programs and scholarships also gave them a boost. The caliber and accessibility of professors and overall success of students were also part of the equation.
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Wahoo wah!

Mr. Jefferson would be proud!

- Bill
Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

YEAH VICKI!
I know she will make you proud...but getting high bang for the buck never hurts!
Live True, Laugh often
Shana

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”