soundtrack to your workouts?

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Shana Moore

soundtrack to your workouts?

Post by Shana Moore »

Okay, this is not the most serious of posts :wink: , but I find I work out better with music....what are some of your top music picks for workouts? This can be weights, cardio, shadow boxing, cooldown, etc....

Please share your musical diversity!
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
Sue G

Post by Sue G »

I do Intuflow and flow movement stuff to music and just totally love it. Everyone should do this stuff! :D
Also have the mp3 to accompany long walks, keeps the cardio level up. The music is pretty varied depending on mood - light, heavy, old, new. Just have to remind myself not to sing at the same time...

Kumite and heavy rock is great - a soundtrack to the action.
chef

Post by chef »

I would love to have the time to do this...hopefully soon, if I can get some serious de-junking in the home and garage done. Time for a garage sale!!!

I love music with a great beat. I do the ellipitical 3x a week and do so much better when the music is great dance type music. It revs me.

Yesterday, they played an old Lover Boy song that I just loved and I noticed I was going to town on that elliptical machine.

Later,
Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
nosib

Post by nosib »

Makiwara head banging music ... Pantera,Dope,Static X,Devil Driver,Disturbed,Godsmack,Dying Fetus,Priest,Ozzy,Maiden,Kid Rock......anything you can't
stand still to. Drowning Pool- let the bodies hit the floor...etc.
puts hot sauce on ones kata.

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”