prayers/thoughts for our tough gal, Vicki

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Shana Moore

prayers/thoughts for our tough gal, Vicki

Post by Shana Moore »

Our tough gal and compassionate warrior, Vicki Sheffler, is facing some life challenging health issues. I am posting this simply to ask that those of you who know and love her (hard to not do both) send your thoughts/prayers/energy of healing and well wishes her way.

I will provide more details as permissable, but for now, simply hold her in your thoughts. Thank you.
Shana
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
Shana Moore

from Vicki

Post by Shana Moore »

She advised that they have found a blockage on her Pancreas and have been doing several surgical procedures to identify and treat it. Let's hope she's up and kicking in no time!
Shana
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
KentuckyUechi

Post by KentuckyUechi »

Hope she has a speedy recovery!
Everything in Moderation
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Sorry to hear, Vicky....ain't life a b*itch :(

You looked fine and fit at camp...you will do well...and will keep you in my prayers. :)
Van
robb buckland

Prayers for you Vicki...........

Post by robb buckland »

Hey Vicki if you think :idea: about the night of "the barking lionfish " :lol: , I'm sure you'll at least get a smile if not a laugh .....We love you !! :D
FEARS Ltd
"Art meets Reality"
www.fearsltd.com
gmattson
Site Admin

Hang in their Vicky. . .

Post by gmattson »

Sue and I are sending our prayers to you. Stay strong and fight the battle knowing all your many friends are by your side.
Love,
Sue & George
Shana Moore

thank you

Post by Shana Moore »

well wishes sent
what a great bunch of folks!
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

Our prayers are with you, get better my friend.
I was dreaming of the past...
Chris McKaskell

Post by Chris McKaskell »

Yes, best wishes for a speedy full recovery! Hang in there!
Chris
chef

Post by chef »

Hi, everyone. Thanks so very much for all of your well prayers, well wishes, and encouragement.

You know me, I am going to stay upbeat and positive...besides, my God is bigger than my situation. He will never leave me or forsake me, and is my rock through all life's journeys (good or bad). I am who I am because of my faith and Christ in me.

You guys are awesome and one heck of a support team, that anyone would be honored to have. I certainly am.

Huge hugs to all.

Will keep you posted.

Love ya,
Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
chernon

What I actually thought...

Post by chernon »

I just thought I'd come right out and say what I really said when I read that you are dealing with pancreatic cancer...

"oh SH*T, DaRN it! Ugh, awful, awful, not fair, scary, terrible, terrible, sH*T"---

There. I said it. I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. I don't really know you, we've never met, as far as I know, but these forums have made me enjoy your presence and look forward to your replies. Knowing you are facing a menacing beast and are in pain or may be overwhelmed or scared or sad or angry ....makes me irritated at this whole scenario.
However, up here in the Northeast, this brown belt did some Sanchin-for-Chef.....some quality, gnarly-empty-mushin-glare, crisp, strong, balanced sanchin...and I thought really good thoughts for your health and strength and comfort. It seemed a good way to focus my energy and concentrate it and send it your way.
Hang on! Courage! Strength! Health! Patience! If you need some more Sanchin-for-Chef....you just let me know.
X

Abbracci

Post by X »

Just received word of your diagnosis from a Uechi friend. I want to add my well wishes, Vicki. Hope you're feeling the warmth and energy of mental hugs from everyone.

Frost: ... The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.
chernon

Here's More...

Post by chernon »

Hi chef; I was thinking about you, so I stopped by forums, checked CaringBridge, realized you're in the thick of chemotherapy cycles, and thought I'd generate some more good energy, thoughts, and prayers your way.

I hope your burden doesn't feel too great; I hope the side effects stay only briefly; I hope one little thing is easier today.

Super-good thoughts from an iFriend.

chernon
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Yes Vicky...our thoughts are always with you...hang in there my friend...our prayers for you never end...you will beat this enemy, you just wait and see. :D

All the best,
Van

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”