Whare have all the ladies gone?

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

lori macleod-doyle

Post by lori macleod-doyle »

Don't get me wrong! I enjoy all the posts and comments from all members of the forums , but where are all the ladies?
This is a forum regarding women in the martial arts, so why are there so few of us participating?
Come on girls!! Lets here what's on your minds!

Lori M-D
Shelly King

Post by Shelly King »

Hey LoriMD

Think about it, how many women are actually active on any of the forums...5 maybe 6...where are the women in general? Please don't say lurking.

------------------
Shelly
lori macleod-doyle

You're right Shelly. There seems to be only 5 or 6 of us on a regular basis.
Why is it that so few of us get involved? There must be more out there who have questions or comments.
Shelly King

Post by Shelly King »

You'd think! Of course, how many more loud mouth broads can this place handle? Image Then you have to wonder, are they this quiet in class? Do they stick to the back row and never ask a question? Merely accepting everything that is told to them without ever asking for proof or giving their opinion.
lori macleod-doyle

Well, so far there are just two loud mouthed broads. You and me! Image Where are they all hiding?
Shelly King

Post by Shelly King »

Well LoriMD

I guess we could threaten to hold this forum hostage. We could continue having this conversation till others finally tell us to stop...of course that would required them to open their mouths and say something...anything. Perhaps we need slightly more female topics...perhaps you could start a thread on "Hairspray, why it's better than pepper spray"? Mary how about one on "the secret crime fighting lives of Legal secretaries"? Oh, and my favorite, "Gi's, obviously designed by men for men".
lori macleod-doyle

Funny you should mention hairspray.
Did you know that a can of hairspray can be a very effective self defence weapon?
A small can of hair spray and a lighter and you have yourself quite a little torch!!!
You never know when it could come in handy!!!
And after you've toasted your attacker you can touch up your do. Image
Sorry, just a little hairdresser humor.
student

Post by student »

And if the wind changes, Lori-MD San, you now have Mr. Hand Grenade With The Pin Pulled - and he is no longer your friend....

student, the X chromosone challenged
Mary S

Post by Mary S »

You've taunted me enough to make me want to join in Image Nothing like that #$&*^ office photocopier to help develop those front kicks, a staple remover makes for a deadly weapon and running over to Court has certainly developed my stamina!!!

Student...er...wouldn't that be "Mrs." Hand Grenade???!!! (remember where you are) Image
Sochin

Post by Sochin »

My wife, a very nice lady, comments that she has no time for this social activity because she is just too busy managing my life!

------------------

The Fighting Old Man

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”